PDA

View Full Version : Breeze With Control

JasonK
26.05.2013, 22:12
I've noticed that when my Breeze is plugged directly into the wall socket (i.e. not under control of Profilux) it operates at a much faster fan speed (noticeable by both wind force and volume) than when running at 10V connected through the Breeze Control unit.

Do I have a faulty controller or are my settings not correct? (I've tested by setting my Nominal temp at 20C, when the probe was reading 27C, and verified that the L1 output was 10V, but the Breeze was definitely not running at 100%)

I know that there are jumper settings in the controller but not sure what they should be set or changed to if that is what is required.

Gunther
27.05.2013, 07:32
Do I have a faulty controller

If it is working (aka regulating speed) it is not faulty.

or are my settings not correct?

The most important setting isn´t shown: The max. output voltage (can be set in System/1-10V outputs)
If it´s not 10V you have found the problem.

I know that there are jumper settings in the controller but not sure what they should be set or changed to if that is what is required.
They are not important at this point - jumpers are only to set the channel to 1 or 2 of the L-Port. As said above: If it is working (aka regulating speed) it is set correctly.

JasonK
27.05.2013, 16:02
It doesn't look like its regulating the speed. Whatever the System/1-10V is showing (e.g. 1V or 8V) it looks like the fan is running at the same speed. It just seems to switch the fan on or off at this point.

Matthias
27.05.2013, 17:49
maybe the jumpers are not set correctly inside - for channel L1 they must set at 1-2

JasonK
27.05.2013, 18:00
Thanks Matthias, do you have a link to the old documentation for the control box? Its configured to run from L1 and seems to take control On and Off.

Matthias
27.05.2013, 18:09
just uploaded
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=9

please open the enclosure and check if the jumpers are placed correctly