PDA

View Full Version : Profilux touch hanging

1980arjan
11.05.2013, 14:32
Help,

Last summer in July I bought a profilux III system, including a touch.
Until now the Touch was working properly (except correct measuring data). But for some reason a couple of days ago my Touch is hanging....... Switching the power of and on is not working. The Touch is still hanging in the startup page, see picture.
I allready tried to update the firmware. But for some reason --> updating pab-devices in the profiluxcontrol still staying grey, instead of black. So I can't select this option. I'm working with Profilux control 5.1.5.4 and the firmware of the profilux is 5.15. The Touch was working in 1.03.
What to do.....?? I can't control my sockets manually in easy was...

thanks in advance,
Arjan4369

Matthias
11.05.2013, 17:02
I fear something with the interface (the part with the PAB-ports) is wrong

are all cables plugged in correctly?

has the firmware in the interface been deleted for some reason? you can test this when you assign the PAB-devices (again) - does the touch show up in the device list?

1980arjan
11.05.2013, 18:18
I fear something with the interface (the part with the PAB-ports) is wrong

are all cables plugged in correctly?

has the firmware in the interface been deleted for some reason? you can test this when you assign the PAB-devices (again) - does the touch show up in the device list?

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your quick answer. I also tried to assign the Pab-devices in profilux for several times again. The touch shows up in the profilux and also in control. So can I conclude that the firmware is still present?
For some reason (which I don't know) the Touch stopped working. In the evening it was working and in the morning it wasn't.

The cables are plugged in correctly (directly to the profilux), when I'm taking it out, the profilux is showing a 'pabcom' problem. When I'm putting the cable in again, the pabcom problem is solved.

Any more ideas Mattias?

best regards,
Arjan

1980arjan
15.05.2013, 21:14
Hi,

In the meanwhile I've installed again the firmware 1.03 on the touch, unfortunately without succes.
On the Touch interface (black box, with pab connections and usb) are two lights. One is continously green and the other yellow light is flashing. Is this ok?
Looking forward to your earliest answer.

GHL Support
16.05.2013, 06:46
The behavior of the LEDs is ok and it seems the touch interface is in a normal operation.
I assume the ProfiLux-Touch is displayed if you assign the PAB devices, right?

If this is the case, it may be a bad connection (cable or contacts) between the touch interface and the touch display.

1980arjan
16.05.2013, 20:27
When assigning, the touch is indeed displayed.
I will tomorrow, or this weekend first check the pab cable. When this doesn't give the right result then sent it directly to GHL or the supplier??

1980arjan
17.05.2013, 21:43
With another (correct working) pab cable still the same problem. So I suppose to sent the touch including interface back to ghl?!?! Is this still guarantee? Less then one year old?

Matthias
19.05.2013, 09:57
please contact your retailer or GHL directly for the details

1980arjan
11.06.2013, 21:03
Hi,
Came back last week from holiday and for some reason everything is working correctly again. There are no problems anymore with the touch. Strange but true.....
Unfortunately I still don't know what the problem was... but hopefully it will keeps going on and working again!!....