PDA

View Full Version : Pab problem

michaelangello
05.05.2013, 16:03
Hi, I tried to update the firmware on my Powerbar 6-D PAB through the serial port on my P3 and the installation failed. The green power indicater led is flashing on the powerbar but there is no communication.

Ive tried doing a PAB System Reset and even re-installed the firmware on my P3 but there is still no communication.

My Vortech Controller was still working so I tried updating the firmware on it too which also failed and now it is not working either. When I go to assign devices it says there is none. This is driving me crazy!

It fails at the "Transmitting Firmware File" The box says "Erasing Flash" and then another box pops up and says "Error While Transmitting Firmware"

GHL Support
06.05.2013, 07:29
Did you disconnect all other PAB devices from ProfiLux before the update?
The only PAB device connected directly to the ProfiLux is that you want to update.

michaelangello
06.05.2013, 09:08
The first time I did it I forgot that the vortech controller was still connected. I disconnected the vortech controller and it failed again.

GHL Support
07.05.2013, 07:08
Ok, then I need more detailed information on your System:
- Firmware version of ProfiLux?
- Version of ProfiLuxControl?
- Firmware version of the Powerbar before the update?
- Firmware version for the Powerbar to update?
- Is the green LED flashing faster than secondly?
- Which message exactly do you get, if you try the update?

michaelangello
07.05.2013, 23:08
Ok, then I need more detailed information on your System:
- Firmware version of ProfiLux?
- Version of ProfiLuxControl?
- Firmware version of the Powerbar before the update?
- Firmware version for the Powerbar to update?
- Is the green LED flashing faster than secondly?
- Which message exactly do you get, if you try the update?

- Profilux firmware version 5.15
- Profilux Control 5.1.5.1
- Firmware of Powerbar before update was the default one when I bought it in December 2011
- Firmware of update I tried to install on the Powerbar 1.0.8
- Green LED seems to be flashing every second.
- The error I get is Error "While Transmitting Firmware"

The Profilux does not recognize any PAB devices. I tried installing the firmware again by doing this....

When the message "Error! No PAB device connected! Try update anyway?" pops up then do exactly this:

- powercycle powerbar
- click "yes" immediately!!! (2 seconds) after powerbar has power again

I can see the "COM" LED on the Powerbar flashing orange for a couple of seconds but it fails. This could be due to me not starting the process at the exact time.

GHL Support
08.05.2013, 07:06
Hm, strange... I've tested it and got this result:
If the firmware download is interrupted, the PowerbarPAB is flashing faster than one second after a powercycle reset.
Then I'm able to download the firmware without any problems after accepting the message "Error! No PAB device connected! Try update anyway?" without the powercycling.
After this the PowerbarPAB is working again.

If your Powerbar is flashing slow (one second on and one second off) this generally means, there is no connection to PAB.

Have you tried the firmware update also without powercycling?
Did you double check the PAB connection to the PowerbarPAB and the PowerbarPAB is really connected to a PAB port?

ashlight
08.05.2013, 08:28
How about re assign?

michaelangello
08.05.2013, 20:53
Ok here is exactly what happens step by step

Green power LED is flashing faster than once a second.

-Click drop down box to update PAB device
-Choose Powerbar firmware v1.08
-Get pop up "Error! No PAB device is connected! Try update anyway?"
-While the firmware is loading get pop up "Error while transmitting firmware!"

Ok now if I do the powercycle method

-Choose Powerbar firmware v1.08
-Get pop up "Error! No PAB device is connected! Try update anyway?"
-Powercycle the powerbar
-Green POWER LED stays solid green for a second and the orange COM LED flashes for a second
-Profilux displays "Operational mode PAB transparent"
-Get pop up box saying "Error while transmitting firmware"

I have tried two different PAB cables and both PAB ports on the profilux and both ports on the Powerbar.

I never had a problem with it until I tried to update the firmware. Also my vortech controller is not working now either, the second LED is flashing green faster than once a second, the third LED is solid blue. The first and last LED are not lighting.

While trying to update both the firmware on the Powerbar and Vortech controller they both fail when the progress bar reaches "Erasing Flash"

I dont know what to do now?

michaelangello
16.05.2013, 07:52
Any more assistance with this or will I have to return it for repair?

GHL Support
17.05.2013, 07:08
The powercycle method is a little tricky and time critical.
First you should try this for the Powerbar.
If you got it working, you can repeat this on the Vortech.

You should try following:
-Remove power from the PAB device (best you put the Powerbar to a switchable power outlet strip, in case of the Vortech remove the PAB cable at one side)
-Choose the correct firmware for the PAB device
-You get the pop up "Error! No PAB device is connected! Try update anyway?" - don't press ok yet
-Reassign the power to the PAB device (in case of the Vortech put in the PAB cable) ...and then immediately ...
-...accept the "No PAB device is connected" message

Now the update should work

Maybe you can also try the new beta firmware 5.16 for the ProfiLux and the matching PLC version...

michaelangello
20.05.2013, 20:02
Ok I updated the profilux control software to 5.16 and the firmware to 5.16.

I followed the directions exactly as detailed and it still did not work. I dont think I have any other option but to send it back for repair because I tried it for hours and it failed every time.

GHL Support
22.05.2013, 13:13
Please contact GHL directly for the return instructions.

michaelangello
22.05.2013, 13:23
Ok thanks