PDA

View Full Version : light composer problem

BBowen
01.05.2013, 03:36
Hi
I got a light project sent to me via email.
each time I down load it to the light composer, it over writes the illuminations and then I, save it and then press save changes in top left corner. I do a test illumination run all works but it doesn't save and my previous light project is still on.
Am I missing something?
Thank you.

Matthias
01.05.2013, 08:47
evers time you re-open GHL Control Center the default light composer project is shown (which may defer from the actual settings in the lamp)

-> you need to open your project

BBowen
01.05.2013, 13:49
Hi Matthias
Here's what I'm doing.
connect to GHLCC
go to illumination, then light composer, click on project. Small box with open file /save file, click open, it goes to desk top. click on light composer project to high light, then click open.
Project changes in light composer, then I click on transmit illumination run to illumination channels. Blue box comes up to overwrite, click yes.
Illumination channels have been transmitted successfully, save changes to lamp now? press yes. I then press save changes in settings box.

Light composer goes back to previous light project.

BBowen
02.05.2013, 03:12
I have noticed that when I press save changes in settings box, it does say "not responding" at the very top.
Is this a windows 8 thing?

BBowen
04.05.2013, 10:30
Anything please Matthias ???

Matthias
04.05.2013, 11:14
other users are also using windows 8, so I can't confirm a general problem

but I must admit that I maybe don't understand the problem

is this what you say:

1. you have specific light composer project (either just created or loaded from a file)
2. you transmit the project to the illumination channels, thereafter you transmit the illu. channels to Mitras
3. after going back to the light composer project the settings there have changed

?

and this all happened without closing the project in the meantime?

BBowen
04.05.2013, 11:23
Yes, loaded from a file

1. Connect to GHLCC
2. Go to illumination, then light composer, click on project.
3. Small box with open file /save file, click open, it goes to desk top. click on light composer project to high light, then click open.
4. Project changes in light composer, then I click on transmit illumination run to illumination channels.
5. Blue box comes up to overwrite, click yes.
6. Illumination channels have been transmitted successfully, save changes to lamp now? press yes.
7. I then press save changes in settings box.
8. I do a test on new project and it goes through ok.
9. Light composer goes back to previous light project after disconnecting.

Do you think because I couldn't update firmware from laptop with windows 8, that I'm unable to download new light composer because of the driver not downloaded?

Matthias
04.05.2013, 13:00
9. Light composer goes back to previous light project after disconnecting.

and this is the point, you disconnected - after reconnecting you always see the standard project, no matter what settings are actually in the lamp
-> this is not a bug or an unintended behaviour, it's just how it works
-> resolution: after disconnect/reconnect open the correct project

question about update (9.): is a new topic, please let us not mix topics, better open an extra thread for new topics

BBowen
05.05.2013, 13:40
I don't see the standard project at all when reconnecting, I see the old one (not standard)I used since I purchased the lights.
I just thought that once you load a different project, it would show up on the graph for the illumination run once reconnected even though it's transmitted to the actual lights.
Also, I don't understand how 9. is a new topic:confused:

Bilk22
06.05.2013, 23:52
evers time you re-open GHL Control Center the default light composer project is shown (which may defer from the actual settings in the lamp)

-> you need to open your project
This is a really poor way for this to work. The light composer should display what's currently running on the lamp. I don't see any good reason for the way this currently works. Please provide an update to the software that is more user friendly and makes better sense.

Matthias
07.05.2013, 06:42
GHL Control Center will be improved permanently, updates are going to come in the next time