PDA

View Full Version : windows 8 firmware problem

BBowen
26.04.2013, 16:15
Hi
Having problems updating firmware using windows 8.
Can anybody using windows 8 list a step by step on doing a firmware updates please?

Matthias
27.04.2013, 08:56
Hi

GHL Control Center has an update wizward which guids you step-by-step through the update process.
I think if you follow exactly these instructions it should work.

At which point in the wizard are you experiencing problems? What is exactly the problem?

For the update another driver is needed, maybe this driver is not installed or the COM-port is not adjusted correctly? The hardware manager will tell.

If so - Windows 8 doesn't like uncertified drivers, but this behaviour can be switched off.

BBowen
27.04.2013, 09:49
Hi Matthias
in step 2/5 there is no "usbvcom" in section "ports (com & lpt)" in device manager.
so I go to the next step.
1) disconnect and reconnect again usb - wire
2) maybe the driver must be uploaded manually, the driver is located here.
There is a file but I cannot click onto it or even copy and paste

Matthias
27.04.2013, 10:00
this is the point - in step 2 (after Mitras went into download-mode) the "usbvcom" must appear - if it doesn't we must install the driver manually
going to the next step without this driver is pointless

please go again to step 2 and show me a screenshot of your device manager (ports expanded)

unplug USB to Mitas and make another screenshot of the device manager (I want to see what device disappears)

BBowen
28.04.2013, 10:44
Hi Matthias
Thanks for your support, it was easier to just borrow a friends laptop to update firmware and then just use mine to connect to GCC.
Thank you