PDA

View Full Version : Just one more thing on data loss...

d2mini
26.04.2013, 15:39
I didn't get to post before the thread got closed but Hermann is not the only one with lost data.
I noticed with my touch that if i unplugged the usb from the back of the touch I did not lose data.
But if I unplugged the PAB cable I did lose all stored data.
I think we had a power loss yesterday in the house because the clock on our microwave was flashing when we got home but i didn't think to check the Touch. I will try to remember tonite and report back.
I would suggest that anyone else with a Touch please experiment and see if you can replicate these results.

Thank you Matthias and team for looking into this.

d2mini
27.04.2013, 00:55
I have just confirmed that the power loss to our home did indeed cause loss of all stored graph data on the Touch.

BigAl07
27.04.2013, 21:05
Thank you Dennis. Hopefully this will help GHL find the issue and come up with a system-wide resolution for this problem.

d2mini
04.05.2013, 19:49
FYI... we had a quick power glitch yesterday. Power was down for literally a split second, just long enough to turn other devices off (like our tv) and when I walked over to the Touch it was restarting and then once up it and running it had lost all data again.