PDA

View Full Version : Unable to setup Level Probes - Diagnostic 1234 message displays

mattrees
23.04.2013, 11:46
Hi there

Im having some issues setting up the water level probes

When I select the Diagnostic option in the level menu, I get a message that says:
Diagnostic

I have 2 probes with a splitter. I've tried just connecting one device, but that doesn't change the error message

Does anyone have any idea as to how I can correct the issue so I can get my Auto Water Changes setup?

Thankyou !

GHL Support
24.04.2013, 10:31
In the diagnostic menu the current state of all level sensor inputs is shown.
This message means that the level sensor inputs 1, 2, 3 and 4 have either contact with water
or that no sensor is connected at those ports.
If a sensor is connected and has no contact with water, then the belonging figure will not show up here.

mattrees
26.04.2013, 09:19
Thanks for your response
Unfortunately your response doesnt make much sense to me

How do I correct this issue?
I've tried removing the level sensors from the water and I still get a message saying Diagnostic 3,4 and yet I dont have any other sensors connected except, PH, Temp and Salinity

Please help as I really need to get the auto water changes setup as this was one of my primary reasons for purchasing the unit

Thankyou

Gunther
26.04.2013, 09:39
How do I correct this issue?

Which issue do you mean? The diagnostic menu is - as the name suggests - a diagnostic information, no error message.
You can test if your sensors are working with that diagnostic. If the sensor is present and inside the water (closed) or if there is no sensor connected, the number is shown. If the sensor is present and outside the water (open) the number is not visible. Due technical reasons a not present sensor shows the same status as a sensor which is closed.

You know which sensors you have connected to which port (and you can test it in diagnostics menu if you don´t), so it should be no problem for you, to ignore the inputs without level sensors.

mattrees
26.04.2013, 09:49
Thanks for your speedy response

Im just confused then
I was trying to follow the instructions to setup AWC from here
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?3-How-To-Automatic-water-change
And I was expecting to see the 3rd screen display

I guess Im not following the instructions correctly
Is there somewhere where there is detailed step by step instructions to setup of a AWC?
Apologies as Im very new to this, so bare with me

Gunther
26.04.2013, 09:53
You´ve seen that the post is from 2009? In between there was a complete rework of the level system (within FW 5.13) so this screenshots and direction is not valid anymore. Please use the newest manual to set up the AWC

mattrees
26.04.2013, 10:01
Thankyou so much
Will do

Just saw the sticky and assumed it was current :(

Really appreciate the help

mattrees
26.04.2013, 12:19
I've tried using the manual, but I find that its not very clear in a step to step fashion

I'm trying to setup the system so it shuts down the skimmer, return pump, then waits X time until water settles, then proceeds with water change, then turns back on devices

Am I missing something here? Or are the instructions only on pages 15-17 of the config guide?

I really wish there was a more simplified guide that explained things step by step as this is very daunting and yet such a important function for the Profilux

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thankyou