PDA

View Full Version : Need help with programming logic

coops1234
22.04.2013, 09:02
Hey guys

I just been setting up my float level but I'm having a problem with it.
What I'm trying to do is when the water hit the high level make I won't it to turn off the skimmer so it don't over flow. But I have the skimmer under programable logic 2 on a delay for feeding, I can't find another way to do it.
I have profilux 3.1 with 5:14 update

coops1234
24.04.2013, 07:48
Hey is there any one that know anything about programmable logic that can help with understanding it help plz

Gunther
24.04.2013, 12:32
Due your description is very vague, it would be helpful if you post

- which device you have
- which firmware you have
- your settings (screenshots) of the niveau regulation, the sockets and the programmable logic

What I'm trying to do is when the water hit the high level make I won't it to turn off the skimmer so it don't over flow.
I don´t understand that. What´s the actual status/function and how do you want to have it?

coops1234
24.04.2013, 17:21
Hey mate I have profilux 3.1n ex with update 5:14
What I have done is when u push feed mode it stop my wave pumps and delay my skimmer and wat I'm trying to do now is when the water gets to high it shuts off my skimmer so it don't get a over flow but I can't get it to do that.
This is how I have set it for now
S2 programmable logic 2 (skimmer)
G1 maintenance AND filter inverted
G2 programmable logic 1 delay 300s
I think that's how I have it I'm not home right now but I think I'm right on the money there.
I just need some help understanding how programmable logic work in (baby) English

coops1234
25.04.2013, 14:54
Hay mate

dose that help??

coops1234
26.04.2013, 05:57
Hey guys can any one help me with programmable logic

CaptCrash
26.04.2013, 09:21
Hey mate I have profilux 3.1n ex with update 5:14
What I have done is when u push feed mode it stop my wave pumps and delay my skimmer and wat I'm trying to do now is when the water gets to high it shuts off my skimmer so it don't get a over flow but I can't get it to do that.
This is how I have set it for now
S2 programmable logic 2 (skimmer)
G1 maintenance AND filter inverted
G2 programmable logic 1 delay 300s
I think that's how I have it I'm not home right now but I think I'm right on the money there.
I just need some help understanding how programmable logic work in (baby) English

Assuming that the operation of the skimmer is already how you want it to be with the existing programmable logic settings (G1 & G2), you can setup another programmable logic item to turn off the power to the skimmer in the case of water too high.
Note: I am not sure if what you have described above operates as I have not tried it, but the maintenance seems oddd to be included.

I have also assumed that your level switch for the sump is Level 1 (so water 1)

If you add the following
G3 Water 1 (inverted) AND Programmable Logic 2
Note: Water 1 may not need to be inverted depending on your setup.

Then change your S2 to be Programmable Logic 3.

This will have the effect of once the existing G1 & G2 programable logic passes, then if the water level is above the required level sensor, it will turn off the skimmer.
Note: This will most likely cause the skimmer to be stopped during a period where the return pump is turned off (eg during water changes or if you top up too much water manually, add items to the tank like additional rocks/corals etc).

coops1234
27.04.2013, 04:39
Hey when you talk water 1 do you mean fill water (ATO&WAC) 1 cos that all I can fine

CaptCrash
28.04.2013, 05:00
Hey when you talk water 1 do you mean fill water (ATO&WAC) 1 cos that all I can fine
Sorry about that, I was using the older software/firmware term. I am not sure what the item is called with the newer software/firmware.

From looking at the user manual I expect that you can use "Auto Top Off (ATO)" or "Water change & ATO" depending on your needs.

coops1234
28.04.2013, 06:42
Hey i have 5.14 update4288

coops1234
28.04.2013, 06:58
hey it works now thankyou sssoooo much mate :p:p:p:p:p:p:p