PDA

View Full Version : confused what settings to use for tunze streams

larryfl1
13.08.2009, 00:49
i have been messing with the settings for a few days and not getting the results i hoped for...

tank is 5 foot tank...150 gallon

2 tunze 6105
2 tunze 6055

i thought i could get a wave effect like the wave box or ecotechs on the tank with the profilux... i just cant get that constant wave motion.... no real wave at the surface....seems more random motion...

i have tried all different settings and im totally confused now....

how should i set these up? what settings ???

thanks

Matthias
13.08.2009, 07:07
Hi Larry,

ProfiLux can produce any effect you want, it only depends on the settings.

If you want to you can post here screenshots with the pump settings and of the 1-10V-interface settings, we will have a look.

And we need more specific information - where and how are the pumps connected to ProfiLux?

larryfl1
13.08.2009, 13:10
hi matthias...

thanks for the prompt reply...

maybe its not me conused with the settings.....

i think i am a little unhappy with the streams 6105 since it is so narrow and keeps blowing my sand everywhere....

i want a gentle wave making motion and not violent....

with that said i assume the opposite sine wave is the most gentle of all the settings?

James77
13.08.2009, 17:23
[QUOTE=larryfl1;3562]hi matthias...

i think i am a little unhappy with the streams 6105 since it is so narrow and keeps blowing my sand everywhere....

i want a gentle wave making motion and not violent....

QUOTE]

Hi Larry,

Yes, the 6105s stream is pretty narrow, and I had blowing sand in my 120. You can use the impeller covers from the 6205, they are about $40 each from Tunze.com- the part is 6205.130 I believe(its in the manual).

These have a much wider output nozzle, and they fit on with no mods whatsoever. The flow out of them is very wide and gentle, comparable to a Vortech. I have no blowing sand as a result, but the flow does not reach far(fine for a 4-5 foot tank.)

HTH

larryfl1
18.08.2009, 14:19
i have just tried the 15v jumper instead of the 18v and the stream is much more tame.....