PDA

View Full Version : New Version

DennisO
28.03.2013, 13:17
New Versions of iOS and Android App are submitted by Google and Apple.

Changelog:
- Disclaimer is shown only at first start
- Connections can be deleted in edit mode
- better localization
- fixed crash, caused by language setting
- better graph
- better performance

The Android app will be available during next 2 days.
iOS app - approx. 6 days.

smithpl
28.03.2013, 17:56
So great!
And what about screen rotate horizontal/vertical ? :-)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

BigAl07
28.03.2013, 19:26
Excellent! Thank you for the heads-up :)

EgaReef
28.03.2013, 21:30
Hi,

I went into Google Play and is the application upgrade v1.11

I updated and now it gives me error when the application starts. I had to go back to the previous version.

Regards

Irishreefer
29.03.2013, 01:40
Hi,

I went into Google Play and is the application upgrade v1.11

I updated and now it gives me error when the application starts. I had to go back to the previous version.

Regards

Not for another 2 Days Android, and iOS app 6 days or so

reef
29.03.2013, 08:57
Does GHL actually test the app before release?. It does not work. Installed ver 1.11 and all I get is a black screen.

Fred
29.03.2013, 10:35
Great... Just to set expectations right (waiting for the app to appear), is this supposed to fix the "No Response from the device" problem? This does not appear in the changelog.

NB(1) - in my situation, I have this issue with both the Andoid and the iOS version of the application. My understanding from all related posts is that this is an issue with the app and that there is no workaround - is this correct?

NB(2) - the new version available on Android Market now (version 1.11 dated 28-March-2013) leads to a black screen then crashes... Is there an even newer one to appear shortly?

mdanielse
29.03.2013, 13:11
Same here, new version does not startup.
Did even do a clean full install, and this did also not work.

Verstuurd van mijn Sony Xperia SK17i met Tapatalk

Fred
29.03.2013, 21:25
I have installed the Android app version 1.12 dated 29-Mar-13. It no longer crashes on startup, but unfortunately does not fix the "No Response from the device" problem, at least for me...

EgaReef
29.03.2013, 21:47
I have installed the Android app version 1.12 dated 29-Mar-13. It no longer crashes on startup, but unfortunately does not fix the "No Response from the device" problem, at least for me...

Same here.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk 2

mdanielse
29.03.2013, 23:41
The update V1.12 to correct the error in the update V1.1 seems to be working fine for me. Thanks for the quick fix

Verstuurd van mijn Sony Xperia SK17i met Tapatalk

reef
30.03.2013, 00:06
does not fix the "No Response from the device" problem, at least for me...
got mine working. i had he same issue, however keep trying to open it by tapping on the connection you set up , it seems to finally start up.

Fred
31.03.2013, 22:28
The new iOS version is now available (version 1.01 dated 31-Mar-13). It does require iOS 6.1 (which is not ideal for older iPhone models due to performance concerns)... I am sorry to report that it does not work with my Profilux 3eX any better than the Android version. I have the same "No Response from the device" issue.

Is there any workaround? Has GHL reproduced the issue in-house? Can we expect a fix soon? Thank you...

neoreef
01.04.2013, 05:15
Updated the app. No change. Still get "No response from the device". iOS 6.1.3, Profilux firmware 5.15. De-installed and re-installed new version of app. BTW, is there a way to confirm version of app installed? There is not indication in the settings or help. Access from browser is okay.

smithpl
01.04.2013, 09:39
Profilux version 1.01 on iphone 4, 4s 5 with newest IOS.

When you show diagram of one sensor, click back and try to open another one ( PH1 or Temperature ) you get box "Retrieving data..." which is not ending.
It's bug for sure. In 1.0 version there wasn't this problem.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/01/e9aby2yh.jpg

mdanielse
01.04.2013, 15:14
+1
Same here, but not right away. I was able to see the graph's a few times then I got stuck with "retieving data". Doing a re-install did fix the problem, but only for a short time..... Both on Android phone and Ipad4(and both the new GHL App versions). The problem is only with the Sensors, the other items like Lights and Switches and the rest keep functioning, only Sensors function seems not to be very stable:(

Profilux version 1.01 on iphone 4, 4s 5 with newest IOS.

When you show diagram of one sensor, click back and try to open another one ( PH1 or Temperature ) you get box "Retrieving data..." which is not ending.
It's bug for sure. In 1.0 version there wasn't this problem.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/01/e9aby2yh.jpg

BIGSHOW
01.04.2013, 21:03
Updated the app. No change. Still get "No response from the device". iOS 6.1.3, Profilux firmware 5.15. De-installed and re-installed new version of app. BTW, is there a way to confirm version of app installed? There is not indication in the settings or help. Access from browser is okay.

Same here, browser access no problem, but no good on the App

smithpl
02.04.2013, 11:02
Strange BIGSHOW,

I think that the problem is in your configuration.
All iphone has the same problems.

Put information about your connection.
1. Are you sure what IP as dest you are using?
2. Are you using Admin password for connection? ( please use simple password for test )
3. Are you using 80 port for connection?
4. Could you do ping test to profilux from iphone ( use freeware Admin app for it )
5. Check that you can connect to 80 port of profilux using telnet app ( use freeware Admin app for it )

Put the screenshot from your configuration on iPhone

diverdutch
02.04.2013, 13:07
Helpful tools:

https://account.dyn.com/entrance/

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

http://www.whatsmyip.org/

BIGSHOW
02.04.2013, 13:27
Strange BIGSHOW,

I think that the problem is in your configuration.
All iphone has the same problems.

Put information about your connection.
1. Are you sure what IP as dest you are using? Yes, it is a dyndns account and it works just fine when I type in the account in the address bar
2. Are you using Admin password for connection? ( please use simple password for test ) Yes, double checked the password, it is correct
3. Are you using 80 port for connection? Yes
4. Could you do ping test to profilux from iphone ( use freeware Admin app for it ) Yes, pinged the dyndns account, no issues.
5. Check that you can connect to 80 port of profilux using telnet app ( use freeware Admin app for it ) Not sure about what to do here.

Put the screenshot from your configuration on iPhone

So again, I can connect to my profilux by typing in my dyndns account into the addresss bar, I can type my username/password and log in with no issues that way.

Dave

BIGSHOW
02.04.2013, 13:31
I should also add that I can connect to my profilux using the old marine mad app with no issues.

smithpl
02.04.2013, 13:36
using telnet, dyndns and port you can try to connect from console to see how server response.

Better is to use other port than 80 - this is typical port for Web and many of routers has theirs admin page on 80.

PS. Try to restart profilux.

PS2. Did you try to connect from iPhone by wifi or LAN? Not trough WAN/Internet ?

BIGSHOW
02.04.2013, 15:28
using telnet, dyndns and port you can try to connect from console to see how server response.

Better is to use other port than 80 - this is typical port for Web and many of routers has theirs admin page on 80.

PS. Try to restart profilux. Done. Still no response

PS2. Did you try to connect from iPhone by wifi or LAN? Not trough WAN/Internet ? Tried both. Still no repsonse.

Is there any reasons why it would work fine on the old App created by Fletch? and not on the new app?

Thanks for the help,
Dave

BIGSHOW
02.04.2013, 15:28

PS. Try to restart profilux. Done. Still no response

PS2. Did you try to connect from iPhone by wifi or LAN? Not trough WAN/Internet ? Tried both. Still no repsonse.

Is there any reasons why it would work fine on the old App created by Fletch? and not on the new app?

Thanks for the help,
Dave

DennisO
04.04.2013, 20:43
Version 1.02 for iOS will be released in a couple days. It supports iOS 5 and landscape mode. It also includes better performance of graph data.

Please check description of lights, switches, sensors. It should not contain special characters.

smithpl
04.04.2013, 21:45
Guys! great news ! good job :-)

doggydoc10
04.04.2013, 22:31
Awesome. Can't wait

Doggydoc

reeferqq
05.04.2013, 00:10
That's great, my old iPad can be used soon.