PDA

View Full Version : iOS App Install

TGreene
21.03.2013, 12:38
It would be very nice to have a set of instructions for installing this app. I have plugged the necessary basic info into the app, but all I ever get is a connection error.

How about a set of step-by-step walk through instructions which detail info on both app and controller..? I do not have the latest firmware yet, but will be updating (4) P3ex's if necessary to use this app, though I have not seen any stated firmware requirements posted.

Also, the fact that there is zero info in the app's own {HELP} screen is not very HELPful at all.

-Tim

doggydoc10
21.03.2013, 12:51
Hey Tim. I am certain you need to have 5.15 installed before connecting successfully.
I understand your frustrations. And I believe some instructions would be nice. But...
It is what it is.

As far as connecting, I was able to input my P3 ip ad into the app including port 80 forwarding.
I believe you need to have PLC closed in your computer to access app, BUT I AM ABLE TO HAVE BOTH OF THEM RUNNING AT THE SAME TIME.
So not sure why it is that way!!!

I also have a wireless bridge connecting my P3 to my network.
I do believe connection between app and P3 is very slow and that might be the reason why so many people can't connect.
Again, ALL THIS INFO IS IMO. I realize how frustrating it is to have a top of the line product and NOT being able to use it to its capacity.

Doggydoc

Gunther
21.03.2013, 13:19
I do not have the latest firmware yet,

Firmware 5.15 (http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=16) from 17th of january is mandatory.

TGreene
21.03.2013, 16:40
Firmware 5.15 (http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=16) from 17th of january is mandatory.

And it would have been very nice to have had that info included in the {HELP} page in the App, that was left completely blank... ;-(

-Tim

doggydoc10
21.03.2013, 18:21
And it would have been very nice to have had that info included in the {HELP} page in the App, that was left completely blank... ;-(

-Tim

Agree 100%

Doggydoc

diverdutch
22.03.2013, 13:44
Helpful tools:

https://account.dyn.com/entrance/

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

http://www.whatsmyip.org/

peterrosson
24.03.2013, 00:18
can you tell me please where i can get the app for iPhone 5 in the first place please

JasonK
24.03.2013, 00:21
Where you normally download apps. The Apple App Store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterrosson
24.03.2013, 00:23
i tried looking there but for some reason i couldnt find it . could you help me please by tellimg me what i put in the search to find it

JasonK
24.03.2013, 00:26
It's just called GHL Profilux

peterrosson
24.03.2013, 00:30
many thank,s found it . very sorry to have bothered you

TGreene
30.04.2013, 01:01
Would it be a all possible for someone to put up STEP-BY-STEP setup instructions..?

I am now running fw 5.15, but still get NO RESPONSE FOM DEVICE.

I'm using port 10001.

I cannot figure out where to locate the PASSWORDS, because honestly, it's been so long since I installed my P3ex.

TGreene
30.04.2013, 02:20
Okay, I finally got it working, sort of...

The app ONLY connects if I have PLC running, which totally defeats the purpose of the app for me, because if PLC is running, I have no use for the limited access app. :-(

-Tim

Matthias
30.04.2013, 06:21
if PLC is running or not has nothing to do with the app, I guess this is a coincidence

it's even the other way around: if PLC is connected at the same time connection dropouts may occur when app and PLC try to communicate at the same time

-> there is something else wrong

check the usual things:
- IP (resp. domain name)
- password

-> all to be find under the system settings in ProfiLuxControl (Buttons "Webserver" and "LAN")

if you can't solve this then post your relevant settings of the app and in ProfiLuxControl

Gunther
30.04.2013, 16:28
Port: 10001

The port for the app is 80

TGreene
01.05.2013, 15:52
Port 80 is blocked by ISP, so now what do we do..?

JasonK
01.05.2013, 15:57
You can change the port through ProfiluxControl to whatever you like. Strange to think why an ISP would block port 80 also.

TGreene
01.05.2013, 16:59
That's what I though, but the FACT that the app only seems to work while PLC is running is beyond me. Port 10001 is what every system that I have (5) is running on, and PLC works perfectly with it, but NOT the app.

The app should be able to run on any port.

-Tim

Gunther
01.05.2013, 19:19
The app should be able to run on any port.
Webserver are working on port 80 per default. The app uses the webserver to collect data from the Profilux.

Port 80 is blocked by ISP, so now what do we do..?
:confused: If port 80 is blocked, no internet contact is possible - this is more than rare.

In any case: The app can´t work if the web port is blocked - and you also can´t reach the build-in webserver
It´s possible to change the port for the webserver with PLC -> System -> Serverport but this affects app and webserver

TGreene
01.05.2013, 20:22
Okay maybe I'm a complete lunatic then, but for the life of me I cannot get port 80 to work at all..

I have VIRTUAL NETWORK setup in router currently at 10001 because 80 wouldn't work, and also have same port number saved in Webserver settings in PLC.

It's the lack of any actual step-by-step instructions that is frustrating ad hell to me.
My issue is that after having had a couple of strokes, my memory is gone, so if anyone coud bd kind enough to givd a detailed list of instructions, I would really appreciate it.

Gunther
02.05.2013, 06:31
I have VIR
TUAL NETWORK setup in router currently at 10001 because 80 wouldn't work, and also have same port number saved in Webserver settings in PLC.
You musn´t use port 10001 for the webserver. You can use any port for it, but not 10001 cause this is the one PLC uses to communicate with the Profilux (this can´t be changed).

So try any other port, ensure you can reach the build-in webserver of the Profilux ant then use the same port for the app.

Matthias
02.05.2013, 07:30
Okay maybe I'm a complete lunatic then, but for the life of me I cannot get port 80 to work at all..

I have VIRTUAL NETWORK setup in router currently at 10001 because 80 wouldn't work, and also have same port number saved in Webserver settings in PLC.

It's the lack of any actual step-by-step instructions that is frustrating ad hell to me.
My issue is that after having had a couple of strokes, my memory is gone, so if anyone coud bd kind enough to givd a detailed list of instructions, I would really appreciate it.

to make it short:
- PLC communicates over port 10001
- apps and webinterface work with port 80
- these are 2 different ports

these are the facts

usually port 80 works, actually every browser requests pages via port 80

let's try if you can access the ProfiLux webserver at all: what happens if you enter the IP of your ProfiLux in the address line of your browser? can you see the webinterface?

TGreene
02.05.2013, 15:36
I got it working perfectly now.. Thanks so much for the help. :cool:

It turns out that I was trying either 10001 -or- 80, rather than both and setting up my router to accept both.. As I mentioned, I've had a couple of strokes, so my memory on technical stuff is very bad anymore.

The next revision of the App should include an easy set of step-by-step instructions on the [HELP] page though, to alleviate a lot of frustration.

-Tim

BigAl07
02.05.2013, 16:14
Glad you got it working Tim. Others will learn from this thread.

Allen

TGreene
03.05.2013, 00:28
Glad you got it working Tim. Others will learn from this thread.

Allen

Well, I may have spoken too soon! ;-(

It seems that I can only get the app to connect when I'm on the same network as the Profilux controler. I have (4) systems that I need full remote access to, and for some reason it's not reaching out beyond the LAN.

-Tim

Matthias
03.05.2013, 06:10
Hi

but this is not an App issue, this is a general communication problem.

You have to adjust your network for external access - for accessing from "outside" you need a fix IP or a DNS (like DynDNS).

This has been discussed a few times here.

If you can't find something then I please you to open a new thread because we have a new thread topic then.

TGreene
03.05.2013, 14:06
Okay the issues must then somehow be in the routers... I am using D-Link... If somebody could give me information on settings changes in router, that would be helpful.

-Tim

TGreene
04.05.2013, 14:34
The FIX was a matter of setting the following port forwarding orders under VIRTUAL SERVERS in the routers.

Since most ISP's in the US have Port-80 blocked for incoming traffic, the work-a-round was to set the public port at 443, the webserver at 80, and the app at 443.

Public -- 443
Private - 80

This works perfectly on a D-Link router, but I was unable to get this to work on a Linksys WRT54G router for some reason, but am continuing to research it..

-Tim

TGreene
05.05.2013, 06:00
Got final unit working with port-8088... ;-)

BigAl07
05.05.2013, 20:56
That's great to hear Tim. I'm sure others will learn from your trials here figuring out this problem.