PDA

View Full Version : No Response from Device

JasonK
19.03.2013, 01:37
I've seen multiple people in various threads state that they are getting the "No Response from the device" message on their App. Has this been acknowledged by GHL as a problem and is there any suggestion on how to help either resolve or provide additional data to pin point the issue?

I personally have not been able to connect yet which is really frustrating

I have a P3ex (Firmware 5.15, Firmware Date 17/1/2013)
I've tried with the profilux configured to Auto Assign IP and also defined IP settings
I've tried on Andriod, iPad3, and 2 different iPhone 4's (All Apple devices running iOS 6.1.2)
I am checking this configuration using only a local area network only with no port forwarding etc, straight through IP to standard port (80)
Ive tested on both a hard wired connection and 2 different wireless bridges (And AirportExpress and a Linksys Extender RE1000)
On the hardwired connection I have an average response time of 2ms with 0% packet loss averaged over 24 hours. (I running EMCO Ping Monitor to monitor the connectivity status/health of all my network devices at home)
I have no issues with connecting to the web interface on any devices
I have never had any connection issues with Profilux Control disconnection during normal use (Profilux Control has not been running at any time during my connectivity testing)

GHL Team, please advise what I can do next as I'm very jealous of all of the other fish nerds able to play with their App! :)

chercm
19.03.2013, 11:54
same here never have luck to connect

Geoffroy Docq
19.03.2013, 20:18
Dears,
I have exactly the same "No Response from the device".
If i type a wrong password, i received well an error of type "wrong password" ....
meaning that the profilux device is well touched by the app ....
Best Regards

king
19.03.2013, 21:01
same problem here, when i try to connect, it says no response from device (network error please try again)????? is there anyone else getting this message on their iPhone?

king
19.03.2013, 23:28
sort it make sure you type your Admin not admin when you are asked to enter your name!!! did not know that

JasonK
19.03.2013, 23:40
sort it make sure you type your Admin not admin when you are asked to enter your name!!! did not know that

King,
That is for the Web interface. You don't need to enter a username for the iPhone/Android native application that we are having problems with.

JasonK
19.03.2013, 23:52
Dears,
I have exactly the same "No Response from the device".
If i type a wrong password, i received well an error of type "wrong password" ....
meaning that the profilux device is well touched by the app ....
Best Regards

Yes, I have just tested this also by deliberately entering an incorrect password and as soon as I try to connect I get a different message stating "No Response from the device (Wrong password)". If I try to connect a second time with the incorrect password I'm next presented with an error message - No Response from the device (Network Error: please try again)"

doggydoc10
20.03.2013, 01:00
Are you guys running 5.15 FW?

Doggydoc

JasonK
20.03.2013, 01:01
Per first thread: (Firmware 5.15, Firmware Date 17/1/2013)

EgaReef
20.03.2013, 09:26
I have three different cases.

I have android and I connect perfectly to my Profilux.
From my android set up another connection (1st friend) and the following happens:

Connecting
Retrieving data
No response from the device

From my android set up another connection (2nd friend) and the following happens:

Connecting
No response from the device

We all have the version 5.15, they have Iphone and I have Android.

Math020
20.03.2013, 23:57
Same Problem Here

chema61
21.03.2013, 09:28
I'm also having this problem. No matter I try the connection from inside my home network (assigning IP addresses) or from outside (via a dyndns server). I'll try some alternative configurations this evening, but my feeling is that the Iphone app is not as robust as the android equivalent.

Regards

EgaReef
21.03.2013, 10:55
I'm also having this problem. No matter I try the connection from inside my home network (assigning IP addresses) or from outside (via a dyndns server). I'll try some alternative configurations this evening, but my feeling is that the Iphone app is not as robust as the android equivalent.

Regards

Hi Chema,

The same errors are occurring in android. As you know, I have andorid mobile and connect perfectly to my Profilux, but I tried to connect to Pablo's Profilux (Monti) and I get the same error.

Regards

TGreene
21.03.2013, 12:25
Same here, and the lack of any instructions or info on the apps {HELP} button is very dissappointing. I have 4 remote systems that I need to be watching, and I get this very same error on all of them. :-(

-Tim

JasonK
21.03.2013, 12:43
If only I could speak German, I see a lot of talk which looks to be the same issue on the German side of this forum also but at least there the GHL team are actively engaged in responding. It "may" even suggest that they have acknowledged the problem and will resolve in the next update.

"Wird beim nächsten Update behoben" Translate this how you please.

It would be nice if they confirmed in English also so a lot of people would stop wasting time in continually trying to resolve this issue themselves with no luck no matter what we do.

chema61
22.03.2013, 01:14
We'll have to wait for our German friends to find a solution to this problem. Who knows what may be the cause. EgaReef and I have the same kind of dyndns server. It works for him but not for me. May be it all depends on the phone company? LOL

So much time waiting and now this...it's frustrating.

JasonK, you really deserve some attention from the German moderators of the forum. According to your profile it's hard to think of a GHL device you don't own. Just a curiosity, are you happy with the 4 pump doser? I'm thinking about one, but Grotech peristaltic pumps used to be the top and I have found some interesting deals on used ones.

Thanks

chema61
22.03.2013, 01:14
We'll have to wait for our German friends to find a solution to this problem. Who knows what may be the cause. EgaReef and I have the same kind of dyndns server. It works for him but not for me. May be it all depends on the phone company? LOL

So much time waiting and now this...it's frustrating.

JasonK, you really deserve some attention from the German moderators of the forum. According to your profile it's hard to think of a GHL device you don't own. Just a curiosity, are you happy with the 4 pump doser? I'm thinking about one, but Grotech peristaltic pumps used to be the top and I have found some interesting deals on used ones.

Thanks

TGreene
22.03.2013, 01:27
chema61 -- I do very custom LARGE SCALE system design and maintenance and have a total of (6) P3ex's in operation for myself and my clients, as well as numerous LED "lightening sticks", (3) Expansion boxes, (2) 4-port dosers, (1) SMS module and a few other GHL things here and there... This is frustrating as hell when I cannot provide my clients with any logical answers as to why their incredibly expensive hardware doesn't seem to want to perform what should be "basic" routines. Hell, none of the clocks will allow me to change the time anymore, since daylight-savings hit a week ago, so I've had to re-program all of their light controls.

JasonK
22.03.2013, 01:28
Just a curiosity, are you happy with the 4 pump doser?

I love it. Set it up about 2 months ago, dialed in and fine tuned the dosing over a few weeks and have forgotten about ever since. It just works and the fact that its intrageated for GHL control, you cant really ask for more!

GazzMan
22.03.2013, 08:34
I love it. Set it up about 2 months ago, dialed in and fine tuned the dosing over a few weeks and have forgotten about ever since. It just works and the fact that its intrageated for GHL control, you cant really ask for more!

I have mine set up using a dyndns account, works as it should.

Gazz

Matthias
22.03.2013, 16:56
we improved a lot of things in the app regarding the communication

the main problem was the timeout - ProfiLux answers to some request in about 1s, and the timeout was 1s -> if you were lucky the reply was faster and the app worked correctly, if not ...
-> this has been fixed, also some other things to achieve a robust communiction

Denis, who is currently reworking the app, will upload the new version to the stores as soon as he has finished his testing

I think this will be Tuesday latest

thanks for your patience - we are soon through

JasonK
22.03.2013, 18:36
Thanks for the update Matthias! Will step down from my soap box now and wait for the updated release. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EgaReef
22.03.2013, 20:53
Thanks for the update Matthias!

chercm
22.03.2013, 23:17
thanks for the update

chema61
23.03.2013, 03:13

I'm glad to hear that. I currently have a Reef Doser from Aqua Medic and each time I have to program it or purge one of the tubes is a real pain in the neck.

chema61
23.03.2013, 03:15
Thank you Matthias. It's good to know we may have it for Easter vacations so we can check our reef while out of home.

balthus
23.03.2013, 12:45
Hello all,
I just bump to this thread because I've just tried the Android and Ipad application and I also have the same problem (either wrong password, either no response from device).
I thought it was due to my network configuration (The profilux is linked with an ethernet crosscable to a linux eeepc which is connected to my home network via wireless and I added a route to the subnetwork. The eeepc can draw temp and ph graph and upload them to my website).
Everything else work fine (profilux controller, web interface). But the Android and ipad app doesn't work :(
So please thanks for fixing that issue ! :)

DennisO
24.03.2013, 22:06
Thanks for your feedback, we are working on a new version of the app. It should fix connection problems.

rattters
31.03.2013, 23:38
I have updated the app to the latest version and I still get no response using iOS on both phone and ipad.

JasonK
01.04.2013, 01:34
I have also updated to version 1.1 on 2 iphones and iPad, still not able to connect to Profilux!

Is it known what the common denominator is? Is it a particular batch of devices with a specific chipset that is causing this issue for example?

GHL, what can your customers provide you to help resolve their issues and frustration?? From a customer/client perspective it doesn't feel like your driving any in the field root cause analysis or providing structuerd data gathering requirements to help resolve this.

AndreO
01.04.2013, 04:28
I have tried to down load app to Ipad but it will not as it says ios needs updating but I have 5.1.1 which is the updated FW for my model Ipad. the I tried phone which also said I had to update so Idid then down loaded app and I got excited because now it says retieving data then no responce from device. I will wait till we get more info. I do have a wireless bridge and have tried to port forward router but when tested it does not respond. I can access Profilux when a cconnect by way of lan ( by way of IP address).

Himat
01.04.2013, 11:04
Matthias,

Would it be possible to set up a controller so that those with iPhones/ iPads could connect to, proving that the iPhone/ipad are ok.
I have eagerly awaited this app and it still does not work for me, I have the latest firmware on the Profilux 3ex (upgraded from P2) and Iphone 4s
connection to Profilux via web is ok and on IPhone web access.

swiseman
02.04.2013, 00:07
Bueller, Bueller......

smithpl
02.04.2013, 11:06
JasonK - give me public IP of your profilux and password for a moment ( on PM )
I will check connection remotely

GazzMan
02.04.2013, 11:30
4190No problems here with iOS works as it should, still can't clear the graph data tho.

On installing the update, it did take a while to connect for some reason, I rebooted both phone and iPad and all works well

smithpl
02.04.2013, 11:32
For that, I think that other people with IOS version has problem with configuration or with profilux - not with app

Himat
02.04.2013, 11:36
GazzMan

please give some details of your P3 version and any thing else you may think of,

i still get no respond from device.

GazzMan
02.04.2013, 11:53
Connecting on my dyndns FW version 5.15, P3ex

Fred
03.04.2013, 10:39
Thanks for your feedback, we are working on a new version of the app. It should fix connection problems.

The new versions of the apps (both on iOS and on Android) released at the end of last week do not fix the problem, at least for several of us users... Could we have comments from GHL in regards to the status of the problem: Is the root cause understood? Is there a workaround? Is there anything we can do to constructively help (collecting configuration information, trying with a different setup, ...)?

Thank you...

BIGSHOW
04.04.2013, 13:02
The new versions of the apps (both on iOS and on Android) released at the end of last week do not fix the problem, at least for several of us users... Could we have comments from GHL in regards to the status of the problem: Is the root cause understood? Is there a workaround? Is there anything we can do to constructively help (collecting configuration information, trying with a different setup, ...)?

Thank you...

Hello? Is there anyone out there from GHL? It would be real nice to get some support. Even if you are working on an "issue" can you let us know who can't get the app to work?

Thanks!

doggydoc10
04.04.2013, 14:02
Frustrating to say the least!!!!

Doggydoc

aqua_digital
04.04.2013, 15:06
updated Ipad version last night works fine, odd time slow on retrieving data but other than that solid no drop outs.

If you dont update your device then you likely will have issues.

JasonK
04.04.2013, 15:39
Michael, we are all running the latest version 1.01 and are still having these problems. Everyone is willing to provide as much information as GHL needs to help their customers, unfortunately they seem to want to work in a vacuum and not really interested in coordinating any trouble shooting with the people who ultimately pay their wage by purchasing their products. It would be interesting to see a poll of users on the site of who are still not able to connect, but the site doesn't provide such functionality.

Judging by the quality of posts from some of the people still having issues i'm confident it's not user error.

aqua_digital
04.04.2013, 15:59
I am talking about Ipad update not profiLux or APP it would not work for me until i updated the Ipad, however if you have done this and it still does not work then yes maybe put a poll up on all concerning issues. however if it works for me on mine why would it not work for others?

JasonK
04.04.2013, 16:08
however if it works for me on mine why would it not work for others?

This is the question everyone wants an answer to!

aqua_digital
04.04.2013, 16:11
Logic dictates its not a GHL issue then but likely either user issue with network the controller is sitting on (random drop outs) or not updated their device.

You have to think what variables are involved

all using same version of Ipad software? (should be)
all using the exact same network and protocols at home (impossible)

these are the only two variables to make it work on one but not another. So what can GHL do to resolve that? (that is a question)

smithpl
04.04.2013, 16:39
Aqua_digital - it's simple :-)

communication protocol which is used to exchange data between Profilux and smart phones is not suitable for remotely connection.

I think ( I'm afraid ) without changing communication idea ( profilux-manage app ) this problem will not be resolved. This must be changed in Profilux firmware too.
You can notice when you are connecting PC application to Profilux and receiving data is not going so fast too.

Look on other app like Apex, Vertex etc - it's working so fast from PC, smartphone...

I hope the Profilux team will develop a new method for fast data exchange

EgaReef
04.04.2013, 16:53
updated Ipad version last night works fine, odd time slow on retrieving data but other than that solid no drop outs.

If you dont update your device then you likely will have issues.

And for android?

JasonK
04.04.2013, 17:14
What about different chipsets or production batches as an example? Everyone understands that it's a new app and everyone had a different combo of hardware/network setup at home, but such tolerances should be baked into the app.

Having 16 years experience working a stock exchange technology environment I can tell you my home network is not the problem. I've tried 3 different hardware manufacturers, wired connections, bridges, 10/100/1000 port settings, Dhcp, fixed Ip, traffic sniffers, ip monitors etc etc.

It just doesn't make sense that everyone can connect to the web interface using the exact same details, but the app communication protocol doesn't.

We are all waiting for a response from GHL either way.

doggydoc10
04.04.2013, 17:18
I hear all of you. Unfortunately I have been down this road before. I hope that THE BEST CONTROLLER IN THE MARKET STANDS UP TO ITS POTENTIAL.

Doggydoc

Himat
04.04.2013, 17:33
Can GHL build a test unit that all can connect to.
This would rule out the Apps

smithpl
04.04.2013, 19:39
Jasonk , it's a normal when product (app ) has problems of youth. :-)
I'm a electronic, programmer and IT engineer, I have the same problems in my job :-)

I don't know how looks profilux code, but not long time ago, I had the same problems with our project. We've build internet application. Everything was ok when we've tested app. When project was started commercially, we've noticed problems with mass users logon proccess. We had to rebuild xml code for faster communication structure for client and server side :-)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

DennisO
04.04.2013, 20:50
Please check description of each light, sensor and switch. It should not contain any special characters like " / }*{*] [ ' ( ) @ etc.

Fred
04.04.2013, 23:15
:cool: IT WORKS...

I did review the descriptions and found many incoherent entries (parts of file names, random characters,...)

To make sure all was cleaned-up, I did the cleanup through the configuration files (using the ProfiLuxControl application, menu [File] --> [Transmit all settings from ProfiLux to file], saved the file on the system, edited the file with a text editor, changed all CODE_DESCRIPTIONS_START (parameters number 18000 to 18127) to be an empty string, saved the file under a new name, loaded it back to the ProfiLux using ProfiLuxControl, ignored the 4 errors for parameters 4203, 4219, 4235 and 4251 CODE_DYNAMICNOMINALVALUE1_SENSORINPABGROUP). NB - these 4 errors are a bit of a worry. This is probably an unsupported method and may even completely break the ProfiLux configuration and operation. But for me it worked !!!

Nice application ! Thank you...

JasonK
04.04.2013, 23:54
Amazing! I had some much crap in Profilux descriptions, with wired characters etc and after I deleted them, hey presto the App works! (Im not even going to going to ask how all those invalid characters even got there to begin with)

Case closed, Thanks!

aqua_digital
04.04.2013, 23:58
tools first always workers blame their

:cool:

JasonK
05.04.2013, 00:32
I cant even find some of those characters on a keyboard so something must have gone screwy before during an update. :) Regardless, glad GHL came up trumps and happy camper now! (Right, onto pushing for wirelss Mitras PAB device now :))

BigAl07
05.04.2013, 01:49
My app is currently working but I have a strange thing going on with my Temp Graph.... When I go into the graph instead of the normal Up & down blue line showing the temp variations the graph is solid blue (like I used a paint roller to fill in) from 0.0C up to around 77.0C (current temp is 76.4F and desired temp is 76.4F).

Also when it's showing the "Actual Temp" under Sensors > Temperature 1 is shows 76.4F#~ (2 strange characters of # ~).

Any suggestions?

JasonK
05.04.2013, 02:05
Have you checked the Profilux Descriptions in PLC?

Himat
05.04.2013, 19:57
:cool: IT WORKS...

I did review the descriptions and found many incoherent entries (parts of file names, random characters,...)

To make sure all was cleaned-up, I did the cleanup through the configuration files (using the ProfiLuxControl application, menu [File] --> [Transmit all settings from ProfiLux to file], saved the file on the system, edited the file with a text editor, changed all CODE_DESCRIPTIONS_START (parameters number 18000 to 18127) to be an empty string, saved the file under a new name, loaded it back to the ProfiLux using ProfiLuxControl, ignored the 4 errors for parameters 4203, 4219, 4235 and 4251 CODE_DYNAMICNOMINALVALUE1_SENSORINPABGROUP). NB - these 4 errors are a bit of a worry. This is probably an unsupported method and may even completely break the ProfiLux configuration and operation. But for me it worked !!!

Nice application ! Thank you...

Fred

I have tried to clear these special characters from profilux and tried your method.
still does not work with me , maybe if you can edit my setting file

thanks

Himat
05.04.2013, 22:27
update
As per Fred s post I have now been able to connect.

I preform a factory rest on the P3 ex and then loaded the setting with the special characters removed ( got errors as fred said but i had more ).
followed by the sensor settings.

Iphone app now connects rest i have to explore

rattters
05.04.2013, 22:28
I must be doing something wrong!

I have checked/cleared the description texts of any special characters, I am running 5.15 and I still can't connect through the app, yet can connect through the web browser as I always have been able to.

Any more ideas to get the app working for me, and I'm sure others too.

Thanks

Himat
05.04.2013, 22:38
ratters

have you tried a factory rest the reload settings and sensors (see post 61)

it worked for me

Fred
05.04.2013, 22:56
I have tried to clear these special characters from profilux and tried your method.
still does not work with me , maybe if you can edit my setting file

I just reported what worked for me; I reached that state by trial-and-error and is in no way something recommended to me by GHL. It is quite possible that this may not work for other setups... I can however share a few additional things I found: try an incorrect password in the app settings. If the app does not display "No Response from the device (wrong password)" -at least the first time- but remains simply "No Response from the device", then there might be a connection problem (wrong address, wrong port, ...). Also, if the error is "No Response from the device (Network error - please try again)" try again after a few minutes of idle time; if still the same, it might there too indicate another problem.

When you load the configuration file, then view it with a text editor, do you see any special characters in the descriptions (all the lines between number 18000 and 18127 for me); i.e. something like
18009, "CODE_DESCRIPTIONS_START - 0 - 9", "@ml"
rather than
18009, "CODE_DESCRIPTIONS_START - 0 - 9", ""
(which is what it should be for a blank description)

GHL, could provide corrected / additional debugging techniques?

JasonK
05.04.2013, 22:57
Within Profilux Control, I manually went through every description field in all settings and I had found these funky characters in Illumination Runs, Timers, Descriptions of Feed Pauses, Maintenance Blocks, Sensors, Sockets , 1-10V and Digital Inputs. You gotta get them all! :P

Himat
05.04.2013, 23:04
I just reported what worked for me; I reached that state by trial-and-error and is in no way something recommended to me by GHL. It is quite possible that this may not work for other setups... I can however share a few additional things I found: try an incorrect password in the app settings. If the app does not display "No Response from the device (wrong password)" -at least the first time- but remains simply "No Response from the device", then there might be a connection problem (wrong address, wrong port, ...). Also, if the error is "No Response from the device (Network error - please try again)" try again after a few minutes of idle time; if still the same, it might there too indicate another problem.

When you load the configuration file, then view it with a text editor, do you see any special characters in the descriptions (all the lines between number 18000 and 18127 for me); i.e. something like
18009, "CODE_DESCRIPTIONS_START - 0 - 9", "@ml"
rather than
18009, "CODE_DESCRIPTIONS_START - 0 - 9", ""
(which is what it should be for a blank description)

GHL, could provide corrected / additional debugging techniques?

Fred thanks
as you said trial-and-error and is in no way something recommended to me by GHL.

i did a factory rest and reloaded edited setting file.

rattters
06.04.2013, 20:31
WooooHoooo

It works!

I checked all the descriptions again, I found a spurious character in Level 5 which I missed first time round, removed it and the app works. :)

Thanks for all the help guys, awesome.

d2mini
08.04.2013, 00:59
I'm a bit confused.
Are you guys finding these strange characters in the PC software or in the exported text file?

My problem is that I can connect fine when at home, but not when away. So for some reason I'm having problems connected remotely.
I got the IP address found in PC in the connections settings under "configuration". For password i left it blank.

DennisO
08.04.2013, 09:36
Please check the firewall configuration and port forwarding on your router.
You can't use your local IP address. Use a DynDNS-service such as dyndns-free.com (http://dyndns-free.com) to connect remotely.

d2mini
08.04.2013, 15:53
ohhhh, that ip address. Got it.
Fixed it and it seems to work fine! Thanks!

EgaReef
13.06.2013, 09:50
Hi,

Since yesterday I can't access it from my mobile android to Profilux.

The message is:

No response from device. (Network error, try again)

Is there any change?

thanks

DennisO
13.06.2013, 09:58
Does your ProfiLux have a static IP address?

EgaReef
13.06.2013, 10:06
Does your ProfiLux have a static IP address?

Yes, I have a fixed IP.

I have also tried several things:

With the Profilux of a friend and I get the same error.
With another android mobile and the same.
My friend can't access my Profilux and yours. (He has iPhone)

EgaReef
13.06.2013, 10:46
Hi,

All perfect!!!!

I changed the IP of the ProfiLux and now it works. I do not understand.

Thanks

chercm
13.06.2013, 11:35
what is the port number to use ?

EgaReef
13.06.2013, 12:28
what is the port number to use ?

Port 80

But is all ok.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk 2

chercm
13.06.2013, 12:34
Port 80

But is all ok.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk 2

does not work for me

chercm
16.06.2013, 03:49
does not work for me

updated to the new version which just came out , still does not work

chercm
16.06.2013, 03:50
does not work for me

updated to the new version which just came out , still does not work

Tone
27.06.2013, 06:05
I have this same problem. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4. The IP (fixed) entered for the app connection is the same that is displayed in the Profilux Control for TCP/IP connection and the port is the same as there too, #10001. I have tried with the #80 port and still get "no response from device" message. This IP if entered into the browser takes me to GHL System. I have tried with various passwords including "Admin" and still get the same message.

Tone
27.06.2013, 06:07
Firmware is 5.13.

GHL Support
27.06.2013, 06:51
You need the latest ProfiLux firmware V5.16 to use the App

GazzMan
27.06.2013, 07:52
You need a dyndns address

Tone
27.06.2013, 09:14
You need a dyndns address

Thanks ... just been there and had a look, have to buy a domain name ?

Tone
27.06.2013, 09:16
You need the latest ProfiLux firmware V5.16 to use the App

Geez, I'm always reticent to upgrade the firmware ... whilst I've had no problems in the past, a few have had issues with 5.16, is everything now bedded down ?

Tone
02.07.2013, 00:43
OK, I have now successfully upgraded the firmware to V5.16 and I have a hostname at Dyn. Bravo !

I'm not an IT geek, property and construction is my game, so I need a little coaching from the 'sharp minds' here. Busy setting up the dyns thing using the wizard and I stumble at the first hurdle ... what am I setting up ? * a website ? No; * a camera ? definitely not; * a DVR ? no idea what that is; * remote access ? uh, yes ? sounds promising; * VPN ? do I need a virtual private network ?; * an alternate port ? that sounds like it could be the thing I need; * internet guide ? No.

Another thing, I read comments in the forums that there is a 'free dynsname' service ... the trial I have has an annual fee ... is there a free service offering that I've missed ?

reef
02.07.2013, 12:04
OK, I have now successfully upgraded the firmware to V5.16 and I have a hostname at Dyn. Bravo !

I'm not an IT geek, property and construction is my game, so I need a little coaching from the 'sharp minds' here. Busy setting up the dyns thing using the wizard and I stumble at the first hurdle ... what am I setting up ? * a website ? No; * a camera ? definitely not; * a DVR ? no idea what that is; * remote access ? uh, yes ? sounds promising; * VPN ? do I need a virtual private network ?; * an alternate port ? that sounds like it could be the thing I need; * internet guide ? No.

Another thing, I read comments in the forums that there is a 'free dynsname' service ... the trial I have has an annual fee ... is there a free service offering that I've missed ?

It is free for one host and more it cost. read the fine print.

Tone
02.07.2013, 23:06
It is free for one host and more it cost. read the fine print.

Thank you, 'reef' for bringing that to my attention, much obliged. Do you think that you may also be able to help with what sort of connection I should be setting up in order to connect my Samsung Galaxy S4 android mobile phone ? That would be a great help, thank you in anticipation.

Tone
04.07.2013, 01:25
Any help with this , please ?

Matthias
04.07.2013, 07:26
Any help with this , please ?

with what? what is the open question, please?

Tone
04.07.2013, 08:37
Thanks Matthias ... refer to my posts at 9:43 and 8:46 above ... what type of dyns should I be setting up, please ?

DennisO
04.07.2013, 08:45
Hello, which Dyndns provider do you use?

Tone
04.07.2013, 20:59
Hello, which Dyndns provider do you use?

DynDNS Pro from DNS Email Labs ... they have a wizard to assist the setup.
http://dyn.com/dns/

From my post at 9:43

... what am I setting up ? * a website ? No; * a camera ? definitely not; * a DVR ? no idea what that is; * remote access ? uh, yes ? sounds promising; * VPN ? do I need a virtual private network ?; * an alternate port ? that sounds like it could be the thing I need; * internet guide ? No.

DennisO
05.07.2013, 12:09
Remote Access should be the right one.

Tone
06.07.2013, 04:15
Thank you, DenisO :)

Tone
09.07.2013, 01:00
Given up ... all too difficult.

chercm
09.07.2013, 01:01
Given up ... all too difficult.

mine actually worked after installing the latest firmware .

Tone
09.07.2013, 02:16
mine actually worked after installing the latest firmware .

I have the latest of everything ... my trial period for the dyns was coming to an end and I wasn't prepared to shell out $ for the dns name whilst getting a connection was going around in circles. My observations are the installation is not user friendly for non-IT people. I might reconsider this app at sometime in the future but not for now. Pity because I travel a lot for my work and am away from home for extended periods of time and this app would be very useful.

DennisO
09.07.2013, 06:40
Try opendns. It is free and it has a simple guide how to set up your router. They have guides for 21 manufacturers and also general router guide, if your manufacturer is not listed.

Tone
09.07.2013, 07:57
Thank you DenisO ... I'll give this one more shot!

Opendns account is now created and the Netgear router is set up with new Primary and Secondary DNS addresses ... where to from here ?

DennisO
09.07.2013, 08:05
Now you should set up the port forwarding in your router. Use this guide for NetGear routers (http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20917/~/how-is-port-forwarding-configured%3F), e.g. Port 10009 should be forwarded to your ProfiLux's IP-address. So basically all requests from Internet with port 10009 will be forwarded to your ProfiLux.
Then you can try to access to your ProfiLux using your dns-address.
After that you can configure your app: set up the dyndns-address and the port you configured in router settings.

Tone
11.07.2013, 06:23
... and it works (locally) ! Haven't tested from a remote location yet :)

Thank you, DenisO.

Tone
15.07.2013, 04:10
... and it works (locally) ! Haven't tested from a remote location yet :)

Thank you, DenisO.

Doesn't work from remote location ... it must be connecting to my wifi only.

Tone
19.07.2013, 08:36
Working from my external remote connection now.

Thanks DenisO and CaptCrash for the help. Wrong external address for the router. Much appreciated.

mshur
24.11.2013, 16:52
trying to set up my app and getting the same error. can anyone help, i am not so IT savvy:)) i use my internet ip: 24.152.XXXX . port 80 -default
i am able to log in on my profilux server internaly using local ip address. in the router set up port forwarding 80 to 80 to 192.168.1.100 ( profilux )

what do i do wrong ?

mshur
25.11.2013, 04:40
In the router, what shoud i put under "external port"? internal should be 80?

Matthias
25.11.2013, 08:46
both internal and external port 80

mshur
26.11.2013, 02:17
I just find out that my internet company block port 80.So , in the webserver i change to port 81 . same i did in the App and router port forwarding.

same problem, norespond from device !!:(

mshur
26.11.2013, 02:23

mshur
26.11.2013, 02:24
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/26/y8y5yneg.jpg

mshur
26.11.2013, 02:26
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/26/uty4a4ed.jpg

Gunther
26.11.2013, 03:35
Is the PL reachable with a normal internet browser with this IP:port adress?
Which PL and firmware version do you try it with?

mshur
26.11.2013, 04:14
Honestly , i havent try it yet. I just find out a while ago that my cable provider block port 80
I do have version 6.01

mshur
26.11.2013, 04:19
Have you try to log in with this ip? :)

Matthias
26.11.2013, 08:08
enter the IP in the address bar of your browser

mshur
26.11.2013, 16:50
Got it working:)) Thank you guys:))