PDA

View Full Version : Can I connect two different wattage EVG's forT5 lamps on one EVG-AP-2F?

milestone
04.03.2013, 11:45
I just connected one dimmable EVG for 2x 80W T5 on my EVG-AP-2F. There was already one dimmable EVG for 2x 54W connected.
But the 80W lamps don't switch on. The EVG-AP-2F is connected to the L1-L2 input. What can I do?

Sincerally

Peter Hofman

Gunther
04.03.2013, 12:07
What can I do?

Check first if it´s working manually. If not, check if the L-Port is assigned correctly to the output.
If this is o.k., check the wiring (have in mind: 230V are dangerous - be careful or you will turn into small, black & smoking version of yourself)

milestone
04.03.2013, 14:20
I checked several things. Yes I'm very scared too about electrics but even my hear-shape stayed in style.
I found out that one site of the power-supply of the EVG-AP-2F doesn't work, no power. The lamps are fine they work when i connect them directly to 220V power.
I didn't yet have an answer on my question "Can I connect two different wattage EVG's forT5 lamps on one EVG-AP-2F?" If so, can I repair the EVG-AP-2F? or do I have to buy a new one?

Gunther
04.03.2013, 15:32
I didn't yet have an answer on my question "Can I connect two different wattage EVG's forT5 lamps on one EVG-AP-2F?"
Yes, of course. For the switched power input it doesn´t matter until it not exceed the max power.

If so, can I repair the EVG-AP-2F? or do I have to buy a new one?

It´s not clear if it´s defective or a cable is broken or so. Check Pin #6 (green cable) if it´s connected corectly.

milestone
05.03.2013, 12:36
The Green tiny cable is like the Yellow, Orange, Red, Braun an Black connected correctly. But my EVG-AP-2 doesn't look the same type as the EVG-AP-2F in the manual. Probably its an older type? Is it possible that my EVG-AP-2 can't handle 2 x 80 watt on 1 channel and 2 x54W on the other channel?
On my EVG-AP2 is the power Cord connection directly placed under the 6 coloured cables connection to the Profilux (in horizontal position)

Matthias
11.03.2013, 08:33
the pin assignments are still the same

EVG-Ap doesn't care if what kind of ballasts you connect - just imagine you have a mechanical switch

what didn't become clear so far: you are using 2 different channels for 2 ballasts? or one channel for 2 ballasts in parallel?

when the relays switch you must hear a "click" in them

if you don't your wiring to the ProfiLux or you settings may be wrong

milestone
11.03.2013, 11:42
Thank you, Mathias for your support. I use two different channels for two ballasts. I found out that one power connection on the EVG-AP2 is broken. I made an bypass connection to an AC power outlet. Now it,s working at least the dimming and the cloudsimulation functions but of course the Lamps don'nt switch of completely. I solved this with à cheap timerswitch.