PDA

View Full Version : mitras for canopy !!!

Blahenazo
24.02.2013, 15:43
Hello,

I would like to know when the mitras for canopy's will be releashed ?

I have a canopy 45 cm high , but @ the time of the mitras it was said that the huminity was going to be too high and the lamp would not take it.

Well when are the moist resistant mitras coming out ???

I need to make up my mind, since my currnet fixture needs replacements urgently. (electric current loss)

I hate to go the Ecotech route. been a GHL customer for so long and everything is now GHL :)

aqua_digital
25.02.2013, 03:43
Important info - you cant put a Radion in a canopy either.

Blahenazo
26.02.2013, 22:20
They do not say this anywhere. (not on there site )

Manual says standard moist stuff =>
that product must be used in 'well ventilated area'
and moist is not covered by warrenty etc. etc..

I geuss they prefer to not mount it in a canopy but I never saw any ' do not do it advice' , if you do you can point me too it. (offical eco tech response , not a post of a guy that states that moist killed his lamp)
I looked around and Ecotech resp say to ventilate the canopy

Here GHL stated that this lamps should not be used in a canopy , I asked can I do it in my canopy .....
The only information I find they will/might have a more moist proof Mitras , if this is the case I'm happy to wait ,
If its not the case I don't have alot of options anymore.

ThorneJamieson
27.02.2013, 20:16
It's in my canopy - two of them - in an RSM250!! Mind you I have put in six hood fans controlled by an air temp probe connected to a Profilux to ensure low noise but low humidity and temperature. So far internal Mitras temp rarely exceeds 40C at 100% output.

I'm sure I have broken some form of warranty tho.

Thorne

aqua_digital
27.02.2013, 20:28
well you have by announcing it :) (just kidding)

Interesting feedback and I am sure the positive proactive measures you have taken to protect the Mitras goes a long way in the internal temperature.

I wont or cant comment of course on the warranty aspect ;)

ThorneJamieson
27.02.2013, 20:34
Warranty shmarranty!!

I'm self insured me - that's part of the fun - even at £1500 odd for the two!!

It looks neat in the RSM tho - I did try just one but because they are so close to the water (albeit behind an acrylic cover) I found the spread was to narrow.

Thorne

BigAl07
28.02.2013, 02:05
Warranty shmarranty!!

I'm self insured me - that's part of the fun - even at £1500 odd for the two!!

It looks neat in the RSM tho - I did try just one but because they are so close to the water (albeit behind an acrylic cover) I found the spread was to narrow.

Thorne

I would love to see some pics of your system with this configuration. I know of others who have thought hard about this very option but are afraid of voiding the warranty.

I'm disappointed that a single unit wouldn't suffice though as that would be a great selling point over the Radions in an RSM250. Please share pics when you can :)

Halfmoon
28.02.2013, 18:08
I have mine in a faux canopy, my wife likes the canopy look so I compromised. I say faux, because the top is open and the Mitras are surrounded so I have plenty air flow around the Mitras and heat can escape through the open top. No issues as yet.

Blahenazo
01.03.2013, 18:14
Well,
Due to the lack of 'official' usefull feedback.
canopy is 130 l * 75w *45 h

with mixed feelings the price qoute on the pro's is send.3947

aqua_digital
01.03.2013, 18:20
how big is your tank? dimensions?

Blahenazo
01.03.2013, 21:08
130l * 75 w* 60 h

aqua_digital
01.03.2013, 21:14
so length is 75? inches or cm and width is 60cm or inches?

Blahenazo
01.03.2013, 23:31
l lenth , w wide , h is height

aqua_digital
01.03.2013, 23:43
sorry missed the other dimension

Ok so you need 2 fixtures, where as other systems you would need 3 for optimum coverage. Just balancing your cost options.

Blahenazo
02.03.2013, 12:49
cost does not even play , IF my canopy is to canopyish for a mitras :)