PDA

View Full Version : I am lost..

ashlight
24.02.2013, 11:16
in the preperation for Iphone app, I serched the world for a laptop with rs232, orderd router for a fix lan, and went to the download section for the last fw's..
for the sms unit thers only the 3.02, where is the one with long masseges? and for the profilux there is only the beta one from 4,1,2013 where in the forum every one is tallkong about one from the 17th?

my old sms unit (without pub) has started to send only part of the configured masseges, I thought that upgrading will do the tric with the flash toll I upgraded to 3.02 and it did helped some, example: power cut just happened is sending, just over isn't. - if i would to upgrade to 3.03 would Ii still need to flash?

Thanks

doggydoc10
24.02.2013, 17:11
Here you will find all downloads
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?t=94

You should be able to find download for latest SMS update and everything else.

Doggydoc

doggydoc10
24.02.2013, 17:16
And as far as finding a laptop with an rs 232...good luck
If you find one please let me know.
I am currently using this
to connect via USB to RS232
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/25/uqu2u9e7.jpg
Never had an issue with it.

Doggydoc

ashlight
24.02.2013, 17:23
Thanks
I have found a second hand dell with rs232.
I see that all the new fw are in betta?

doggydoc10
24.02.2013, 18:28
Yeah...I had a Dell but she is soooo slow I only use it if I have any other issues while installing via USB to RS 232
Go ahead and update. I have been using the newest ones, they work perfect. Some minor issues but nothing that should
keep you from using them.

Doggydoc

ashlight
26.02.2013, 09:10
in the preperation for Iphone app, I serched the world for a laptop with rs232, orderd router for a fix lan, and went to the download section for the last fw's..
for the sms unit thers only the 3.02, where is the one with long masseges? and for the profilux there is only the beta one from 4,1,2013 where in the forum every one is tallkong about one from the 17th?

my old sms unit (without pub) has started to send only part of the configured masseges, I thought that upgrading will do the tric with the flash toll I upgraded to 3.02 and it did helped some, example: power cut just happened is sending, just over isn't. - if i would to upgrade to 3.03 would Ii still need to flash?

Thanks

Ghl?

Antipodes
26.02.2013, 22:02
Not GHL, but I found this in the downloads area above?
SMS 3.03 (http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=37) this is also beta, but most people are using it.
Also in the area above is the file Profilux 515 date 17-1-2013 (http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14)

Can't quite make out the English intent in this, perhaps you can get along with the info above. Also I don't know where you are from(no local on your profile) so have only pointed you to the English downloads!!

ashlight
03.03.2013, 17:39
Apologies if my English.. Especially writing from the phone.
So just so you know, I have upgraded both SMS module and profilux, when you have so many GHL stuff like I do (computers, exbox, pumps, light, electrode etc) upgrading with flash and thinking that some thing could go wrong.. Makes you sweat in unpleasant places.
1. Every time I do so I get all my descriptions lost! In the timers. Sensors. Socket function and program logic and I use them all and lots of them!
2. I still can't trust my SMS module some times it works some times it doesn't. Also when trying to transmit from SMS to file I get: Cannot open parameters definition file "c\ program... Paralist_V303_SMS-module.def"!
Ash.

Matthias
11.03.2013, 08:29
all descriptions are stored in the parameter files you can create before the update

-> save all settings, do the update, restore the settings - descriptions are there again

-> SMS works reliable - if not I guess your cellphone radio signal is not stable

but we are again far off the original topic -> please open new threads for new topics and stay at one topic in one thread, impossible for us mods to work here otherwise

ashlight
11.03.2013, 13:19
all descriptions are stored in the parameter files you can create before the update

-> save all settings, do the update, restore the settings - descriptions are there again

-> SMS works reliable - if not I guess your cellphone radio signal is not stable

but we are again far off the original topic -> please open new threads for new topics and stay at one topic in one thread, impossible for us mods to work here otherwise

Thanks for replying Matthias.
I know you can export and import setting but it ain't working! All of what I wrote above is more than a comment rather then a question.