PDA

View Full Version : Profilux control wish list for 2013

reef
20.02.2013, 09:21
Can we look at the following wish list

# Being able to group sensors, currently they are all random. i have 4 Ph sensors, so i would like to view them as a group. , so i would like to be able to group Ph, Temp etc,

# Currently the profilux control shows 32 illuminations, i only use two, so would like option to remove all the other that are not in use. same with processes. why have so many when they are not in use.

BigAl07
20.02.2013, 15:46
Excellent idea reef :)

your suggestion #2 is one that I would like to see VERY much.

CaptCrash
21.02.2013, 13:46
#2 for all items. When they are not being used, hide them (levels, probes, sockets, programmable logic, illuminations, timers, pumps etc).
#3 more maintenance options (4 is not enough, can this be expanded to more eg 16) With multiple tanks, I have run out, as feed pause with light control can only be done with maintenance.
#4 Profilux Touch, Ability to label the icons/sockets
#5 Profilux Touch, Ability to re-lable the feed pause and maintenance icons
#6 Profilux Touch, wireless option for touch
#7 Profilux Touch, download its data
#8 Profilux Touch, supply my own backgrounds
#9 Better probe/item identification
Within the system details section of profilux control (or however) it would be great if each device reported what what actually attached to it/installed in it. What I'm looking to replace is sticky labels attached to my stuff, that becomes incorrect if I add a new expansion box or remove one.
eg. Expansion box with PAB ID 21
Probe PH -> probe 12
Level 13
Level 14
L ports
etc

mdanielse
21.02.2013, 19:35
#10 And don't forget a more sensible range in the Graph's of the Touch. Preferably user adjustable through the ProfiluxControl software

The current default range from 0-40 on the Touch's Temperature graph is not that useful when my tank is always around 25-26 degrees... shows a straight line:(.
A range from 0-10 on the Touch pH graph is also not very useful when my tank is always around 7,8 - 8,2 pH..... also showing a straight line:(.

#2 for all items. When they are not being used, hide them (levels, probes, sockets, programmable logic, illuminations, timers, pumps etc).
#3 more maintenance options (4 is not enough, can this be expanded to more eg 16) With multiple tanks, I have run out, was feed pause with light control can only be done with maintenance.
#4 Profilux Touch, Ability to label the icons/sockets
#5 Profilux Touch, Ability to re-lable the feed pause and maintenance icons
#6 Profilux Touch, wireless option for touch
#7 Profilux Touch, download its data
#8 Profilux Touch, supply my own backgrounds
#9 Better probe/item identification
Within the system details section of profilux control (or however) it would be great if each device reported what what actually attached to it/installed in it. What I'm looking to replace is sticky labels attached to my stuff, that becomes incorrect if I add a new expansion box or remove one.
eg. Expansion box with PAB ID 21
Probe PH -> probe 12
Level 13
Level 14
L ports
etc

ashlight
22.02.2013, 04:07
This is a silly one.. Finally I have found an old laptop with rs232 but the profilux window is so small and I'm getting older...

CaptCrash
22.02.2013, 10:19
Also a rezable window rather than fixed layouts.
This allows for descriptions to be shown in columns and data to be seen without the need to scroll. This will let you take advantage of modern large screens.

eg.This is a waste of space, and navigation within the program is harder than it could be if the screen realestate was better utilised.

doggydoc10
22.02.2013, 14:37
Also a rezable window rather than fixed layouts.
This allows for descriptions to be shown in columns and data to be seen without the need to scroll. This will let you take advantage of modern large screens.

eg.This is a waste of space, and navigation within the program is harder than it could be if the screen realestate was better utilised.

Oh that would be soooooo nice.

Doggydoc

carlosing74
08.03.2013, 23:39
Automatically recognize when a sensor connected to ProfiLux.
To update the firmware without having to turn off all devices.

ss162400
09.03.2013, 01:09
Link temperature and conduct. to ensure conduct. accompanied by temperature changes,If we can do it,the conduct. will be more accurate

doggydoc10
09.03.2013, 01:46
Link temperature and conduct. to ensure conduct. accompanied by temperature changes,If we can do it,the conduct. will be more accurate

That would be a plus esp when calibrating

Doggydoc

mdanielse
09.03.2013, 01:52
It think that this is already implemented, in normal use and as a option when calibrating the conductivity probe........

That would be a plus esp when calibrating

Doggydoc

ss162400
09.03.2013, 06:46
It think that this is already implemented, in normal use and as a option when calibrating the conductivity probe........
But i need to change the temperature value manually on the conductivity control interface, when the tank temperature change.

I hope to have a link from temperature to the conductivity automatically rather than change it manually.

mdanielse
09.03.2013, 14:37
Than I think you are doing something wrong............:rolleyes:
Perhaps GHL(Matthias) can clarify this a bit

But i need to change the temperature value manually on the conductivity control interface, when the tank temperature change.

I hope to have a link from temperature to the conductivity automatically rather than change it manually.

doggydoc10
09.03.2013, 16:14
One question for you guys I just noticed. My PLC does NOT have that bottom window/bar that says "change measurement data"
Why is that?
I am running latest version of PLC
Here is a pic
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/09/unare2ud.jpg

Doggydoc

ss162400
09.03.2013, 17:13
Than I think you are doing something wrong............:rolleyes:
Perhaps GHL(Matthias) can clarify this a bit
Got it! Thanks.

Gunther
09.03.2013, 21:56
My PLC does NOT have that bottom window/bar that says "change measurement data"
Why is that?

I suggest you have not a PL?ex but a separate card for the conductivity probe. In this case you have a CondS card which is hardcoded to sea water and not switchable to fresh water mesurement. Only the ex-Extension input can be switched via software

doggydoc10
10.03.2013, 02:31
I suggest you have not a PL?ex but a separate card for the conductivity probe. In this case you have a CondS card which is hardcoded to sea water and not switchable to fresh water mesurement. Only the ex-Extension input can be switched via software

Awesome. You are right. IT IS AN ADD ON CARD.
Thanks for the info.

THANK YOU

Doggydoc

carlosing74
11.03.2013, 10:04
Measure calcium to prevent disasters from lack of calcium reactor rupture.

carlosing74
11.03.2013, 10:11
Digital Pressure alert you when you reach a minimum safe level of CO2 in the bottle, is very easy with a digital pressure gauge

carlosing74
11.03.2013, 10:15
Time to change the use of the probe to days or months, greetings.

reef
19.07.2013, 10:01
Can we look at the following wish list

# Being able to group sensors, currently they are all random. i have 4 Ph sensors, so i would like to view them as a group. , so i would like to be able to group Ph, Temp etc,

# Currently the profilux control shows 32 illuminations, i only use two, so would like option to remove all the other that are not in use. same with processes. why have so many when they are not in use.

AS above and also hide any unused probes etc as they show up on the sms and the webserver.