PDA

View Full Version : GHL Control Center Firmware Update

Halfmoon
30.01.2013, 21:15
Just removed the GHL CC and installed version 1.0.2.4 and tried to install firmware 1.08.
Everything goes fine, I get to the last page and it says to unplug the light to reset it and press the ready button.
First there is no ready button, so I press the finish button. Second, the firmware doesn't update and still shows 1.07.
Any help here would be appreciated. Also do I have to update the firmware on the slave or does this happen automatically?

GazzMan
30.01.2013, 21:59
Yes mate, you have to update each lamp

Halfmoon
30.01.2013, 22:02
Yes mate, you have to update each lamp
Thanks, now I just have to figure out how to update even one lamp. :)

GazzMan
30.01.2013, 22:45
Thanks, now I just have to figure out how to update even one lamp. :)

I don't want to teach you to suck eggs matey lol,

connect mitras to laptop
Hit the update button
Follow the onscreen instructions
Then reboot the mitras

If you haven't done it by tomorrow, I'm doing mine so I'll post a step by stepa for ya

Gazz

Halfmoon
31.01.2013, 01:20
I don't want to teach you to suck eggs matey lol,

connect mitras to laptop
Hit the update button
Follow the onscreen instructions
Then reboot the mitras

If you haven't done it by tomorrow, I'm doing mine so I'll post a step by stepa for ya

Gazz
That's what I did and the firmware doesn't update. Let me know how it works for you.

GazzMan
31.01.2013, 11:48
That's what I did and the firmware doesn't update. Let me know how it works for you.

worked fine here Perry, did you install the usbvcom file mate, i had to install it manually?

Halfmoon
31.01.2013, 18:48
Didn't install the usbvcom, since I can connect to the lights I figure the USB is working fine. I see there is an updated version of GHL CC so I'm going to try that one.

GazzMan
31.01.2013, 19:11
You have to install usbvcom mate, or it won't install

Yes, v108

Gazz

Halfmoon
31.01.2013, 19:26
Thanks, I'll see how to do that then.

Halfmoon
31.01.2013, 20:39
No joy, uninstalled all USB devices including root hubs. Restarted and let windows reinstall USB drivers. Installed the usbvcom driver, get the code 10, still can't updated the firmware, 1.09 now. Lost, friend. Never had USB problems like I have with the Mitras.

GazzMan
31.01.2013, 20:48
Do you have Skype mate, if so PM me yr Skype number and I'll try to help if you like

Halfmoon
01.02.2013, 04:08
Thanks for trying to help Gazz, still can't find a solution. Tried all I can think of or found on the net.

Halfmoon
06.02.2013, 00:17
Seems the Mitras don't like USB 3.0, tried to update with a 2.0 USB and the firmware took.

hemoi
20.03.2013, 10:33
Hey Guys,
Where are these versions 1.0.2.4 and ,firmware 1.08. ???
I have keeping an eye on the download section of the GHL site but the latest version of GHL CC 1.0.2.3 and no firmware for the mitras..

Regards,
Hem

GHL Support
20.03.2013, 12:07
Have a look here:
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=11

hemoi
20.03.2013, 23:30
Thanks. Didn't know they moved the location

brady1
21.03.2013, 18:37
im having the exact same issue. any joy on finding a solution. im using an old netbook to connect to mitres as cant use the macbook. mitres connecting to control centre fine update goes through but firmware stays at1.07. plus the mitres have crashed on me a few times which im putting down to needing new firmware

GHL Support
22.03.2013, 14:27
@brady1: I have just answered in the other thread where you described the problem.
It seems the update was not successful, a special driver for the update must be installed.

NorwayEagle
09.05.2013, 16:13
Hello again

I have been using the Mitras lamps now for about six months without really doing anything with them. I have not been changing any settings or done any updates, just been really happy with the funcionality and results so far.

But I found out it was about time to do some Investment in time, and eventually see if some new features could be of interest, so I today downloaded the V1026, connected to the master and started the firmware update.

At step 4/5 the process seems to go on forever, or maybe it is halted?

Anyway, after about 20 to 25 minutes my patience is about empty, so I aborted the update.

Is there anything that can fix this, or do I have to let it run for even a longer period?

GazzMan
09.05.2013, 17:59
Hello again

I have been using the Mitras lamps now for about six months without really doing anything with them. I have not been changing any settings or done any updates, just been really happy with the funcionality and results so far.

But I found out it was about time to do some Investment in time, and eventually see if some new features could be of interest, so I today downloaded the V1026, connected to the master and started the firmware update.

Anyway, after about 20 to 25 minutes my patience is about empty, so I aborted the update.

Is there anything that can fix this, or do I have to let it run for even a longer period?

What is step 4/5, how far are you getting?, do you get to the point where it tells you to reboot the lamp then click next?.

The whole thing should only take about 2 minutes per lamp, I did notice on the current update that the screen that says to reboot the lamp then press next didn't appear until I clicked the mouse on the screen whereas with all the other updates it came up automaticly.

HTH
Gazz

Halfmoon
09.05.2013, 18:00
Hello again

I've had the same problem, I just cancel after resetting the lights. Reconnect and the firmware is up to date, so it seems to take even though the program gets stuck on 4/5 of the install process. I also have better luck with USB 2.0 as opposed to 3.0.

NorwayEagle
09.05.2013, 18:44
What is step 4/5, how far are you getting?, do you get to the point where it tells you to reboot the lamp then click next?.

The whole thing should only take about 2 minutes per lamp, I did notice on the current update that the screen that says to reboot the lamp then press next didn't appear until I clicked the mouse on the screen whereas with all the other updates it came up automaticly.

HTH
Gazz

It is step 4/5 with the following text:

The update is in progress...

Don't interrupt the update in any case

Please wait until the update has been completed

Update completed! Press "Next"

Just now I am doing a third test. For the first time the NeXT button is active during this step. at the first two attempts only the abort was active.
'

NorwayEagle
09.05.2013, 18:50
It seems like the process is going now without any stops or messages. But the lamps are still set at FW Version 1.05.

Matthias
10.05.2013, 07:45
if you follow exactly the instructions the update wizard gives you the update should work without issues

if not: check if the update driver has been installed correctly

in step 2/5 the Mitras is in the download mode and the download driver must be active

-> read step 2 exactly, follow the instructions

-> check the driver (click device manager)

(don't get confused, since my Windows is a German version some expressions appear in German)

Halfmoon
10.05.2013, 14:53
I have followed instructions exactly, driver is installed because that is how I find the COM port. It still hangs on 4/5, however like I stated before when I reconnect the Mitras the firmware is correct.

NorwayEagle
10.05.2013, 21:12
if you follow exactly the instructions the update wizard gives you the update should work without issues

if not: check if the update driver has been installed correctly

in step 2/5 the Mitras is in the download mode and the download driver must be active

-> read step 2 exactly, follow the instructions

-> check the driver (click device manager)

(don't get confused, since my Windows is a German version some expressions appear in German)

As mentioned in my earlier thread I was so stupid to buy a win8 PC...

I cannot follow this advice I am sorry to say.

I made an effort in following the advice of Haxer100 to deactivate electronic drivers to see how this could be of help this time also, but this did not activate any similar to the described LPT & COM settings that is none existing in my Device Manager setup.

Combining Mitras and win8 seems to be a combination that is not for anyone else thanhighly educated PC-nerds:(

haxer100
13.05.2013, 20:17
@NorwayEagle,
When I get home from work I will look into this a little further for you....

Post a screen shot of what you do have in your Device Manager screen while you are trying to update the lamps...

mrgkmrgk
15.05.2013, 23:55
I have followed all the steps with the right com port( com 4) !!! but it is still showing 1.07 not 1.08! what am i doing right?