PDA

View Full Version : ATO Automation and Leakage Detection

JasonK
23.01.2013, 01:49
Hi, just planning my next purchase (after the Mitras) and wanted to confirm my thoughts.

I have a Profilux P3EX, both level ports unused at present.

I want to perform the following:

ATO with Optical Sensor for water fill function and fail-safe float sensor for water high level. (1 level Port used, 2 connected sensors via splitter cable 1)
RODI Reservoir Float switch (reverse level) to alarm when ATO reservoir is running low of RODI (Second level port used, 1 sensor connected via splitter cable 2)
Leakage-Interface with 2 leakage sensors (Is it the leakage interface that takes only 1 level port on the Profilux or do I need to have 2 available level ports 1 for each sensor? I.e. will this only take up 1 sensor port, the second port on the splitter cable 2. Either leakage sensor would trigger the same proactive responsive)

If my assumptions are correct for the above, i would require the following:
2 x PL-LY splitter for 2 level sensors
1 x Leakage interface
2 x Leakage sensors
1 x PL-Optolevel
2 x PL-Floater
(And the necessary mounting brackets for the sensors)

Thanks,
Jason

GHL Support
23.01.2013, 10:59
Hello,

your thoughts are correct if you have a ProfiLux 3.1 A or N ex.
Here on the second level port you can connect also two sensors via splitter.

If it is the Profilux 3 ex, then only one sensor can be connected to the second level port.

Yes, you generally need only one sensor connection for the leakage interface with two sensors.

JasonK
23.01.2013, 13:33
Thanks for the response Carolin. I have the older (initial) P3ex. Does this mean if I want 2 leakage sensors I would also need to get an expansion card?

BigAl07
23.01.2013, 14:06
Jason I'm pretty sure the "Leakage Sensors" are able to be daisy chained from one to the next and would only occupy a single port on the ProfiLux unit itself. I can't be 100% positive as I don't have one sitting here in front of me at the moment but that's my understanding is that you only consume a single port (for the main unit).

doggydoc10
23.01.2013, 14:32
I don't think you can connect one level sensor to another.
There is a y-level splitter which you can use to divide one port and connect TWO separate level sensors to that single output and have them show up on your PLC as Level 1 AND Level 2.

JasonK
23.01.2013, 14:33
If it is the Profilux 3 ex, then only one sensor can be connected to the second level port.

Thanks Al but my question is directly regarding this comment. Does it imply that the second Level port on the Profilux can only handle 1 sensor, eg the leakage interface, and not my plan for both the interface and float sensor via splitter cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doggydoc10
23.01.2013, 14:34
So I think to answer your question, you should be ok with one level card but might need a splitter in order to connect two sensors to that single card.
Or at least that's how mine is connected.

BigAl07
23.01.2013, 14:44
I didn't know there was a limitation on the 2nd level input on the P3eX unit. If that is determined to be the case you would need to add an "Expansion Box" to your system which would give you:

Space for 5 expansion cards
Sensor-inputs for pH, conductivity (range selectable for saltwater and fresh water), temperature and redox
2 - Level sensor-inputs
4 - 110V interfaces
2 - PAB-interfaces

Unless GHL has released the "Level Port Expansion Card" in which that would be what you would need.

doggydoc10
23.01.2013, 16:05
Good question Allen. Not sure I can answer that either.
Waiting to see what the answer for that is

JasonK
23.01.2013, 16:53
Expansion Box? Why not just an expansion card to add 4 level inputs? (PLM-4/Level) As per the programming guide, the P3ex is capable of 12 independent level controls.

Gunther
23.01.2013, 17:14
As per the programming guide, the P3ex is capable of 12 independent level controls.

That´s not completely right. The P3ex has 3 build-in level inputs (against of the 3.1ex which has 4) so in addition with two PLM-4/Level the maximum of level inputs for the PL3 is 11 - and only, if you use both expansion slots for level cards.

BigAl07
23.01.2013, 20:29
Expansion Box? Why not just an expansion card to add 4 level inputs? (PLM-4/Level) As per the programming guide, the P3ex is capable of 12 independent level controls.

Doc correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we discuss this a few months back and the "Level Cards" weren't available as of yet from GHL. I think they were "soon" to be released unless that has changed and I just missed it.

doggydoc10
23.01.2013, 20:32
Correct.
As far as I know level cards are not available yet. I believe they are soon to be made available.
And if they are, I need TWO of them.
Lol

aqua_digital
25.01.2013, 22:01
The Leakage sensor is the only sensor that can be daisy chained so you can create a series of sensors around your sump to pick up a leak from various locations

JasonK
25.01.2013, 23:04
Thanks Michael, Allen and Doc. I'll need to wait for the L4 card to be released in the US market before I put that order in then :)

doggydoc10
26.01.2013, 00:49
We are ALL waiting for those cards my friend.

aqua_digital
26.01.2013, 16:15
I have been informed by GHL today that the card is available and we will have a quantity on our February order that should be with us near the closing of February.

Please wait for pricing announcement this week coming.

aqua_digital
26.01.2013, 16:34
PLM-4Level
expansion for 4 level ports
PL-0872
$124.00

PLM-redox/pH-2Level
expansion for 2 level ports, redox and pH
PL-0871
$149.00

Dealer price lists will be updated Monday so pre orders can be taken.