PDA

View Full Version : Echtech Radion Support

mattau
02.01.2013, 22:38
Just to be clear, this isnt a whinge, demand or anything but a simple request for info :)

Just curious if the Ecotech Radion's will be supported via the RF module and if so, when on the roadmap is that scheduled for?
Id love to pick up a pair of the new GHL lights however my 3 radions are only 6 months old and my wife would murder me :D

Thanks

Matt

Rotknee
03.01.2013, 08:08
Hey Matt...I can definitely relate to the wife comment LOL. GHL is not the party responsible for the delay. I've come across more than a few threads where GHL states they have requested the technical specs from EcoTech without much success. In short, Ecotech is responsible for holding up the party. Search on RC in the GHL and EcoTech forums for more details.

Matthias
03.01.2013, 08:28
we didn't get any technical specifications from EcoTech how to contol the Radion with our EcoTech-controller, sorry

-> we can't do anything

mattau
03.01.2013, 09:02
Hey Guys,

Iv shot off an email to Ecotech for some more information but I find it surprising. I am moving too a GHL unit from a Reef Angel, yet the reef angel has code that is able to control the Radions. I am curious why a start up 1 man show like the Reef Angel can do it, yet GHL are unable to.
No accusations or blame, just confused is all.

aqua_digital
07.01.2013, 16:25
The reef angel control is crude, and is very nonfunctional I have been personally following that thread on reef central. Ecotech also do not support it. I am sure Ecotech would get very upset with any company that tries to hack their code, it does nothing for long term company relations especially when both companies already work close together in product functional control.

mattau
07.01.2013, 22:29
Fair enough, thanks for clearing that up. It is one reason I came from a Reef Angel to a Profilux, enjoying the stability.

Jon from Ecotech responded and tells me there are no plans that he is aware of currently for the two companies to work together on this, I assume everyone is focused on their own stuff currently.

BigAl07
08.01.2013, 01:57
Fair enough, thanks for clearing that up. It is one reason I came from a Reef Angel to a Profilux, enjoying the stability.

Jon from Ecotech responded and tells me there are no plans that he is aware of currently for the two companies to work together on this, I assume everyone is focused on their own stuff currently.

It's funny they would say that now as they were saying from the get-go that they were just finishing their coding and would be releasing it to 3rd party soon (that was a year or so ago). I guess they decided to go back on that idea. Oh well . . . .

mattau
08.01.2013, 02:07
It's funny they would say that now as they were saying from the get-go that they were just finishing their coding and would be releasing it to 3rd party soon (that was a year or so ago). I guess they decided to go back on that idea. Oh well . . . .

Apparently they are trying to get ecotechlive out and combine pumps and radions through that.