PDA

View Full Version : Temperature probe problem

Moonmachine
30.12.2012, 19:14
Hi, I am new to the Profilux system and have just invested in a IIIex set. When I frist set up the system my temperature reading was way off at 40 degrees.
Having read further in to other peoples problems and getting to know the software and control further it seems that I do not have ADC1 and ADC2 readings on my Profilux unit reading through the Profilux control software.
I have bought a second probe in case that was the problem (it wasn't) and am still stuck with the same problem. Is there anyway to retrieve these values?

Irishreefer
30.12.2012, 19:29
I came across the same problem this evening I was tidying up the cables at the side of my tank and all of a sudden the alarm activated indicating a problem with my water temp. I checked the cables at the back of the computer and when I moves the power cable belonging to 1 of my MP40 away from the computer the temp reading dropped back to its normal reading. I hope this is the same in your case and this sorts the problem.
Happy New Year
Paul

Gunther
30.12.2012, 19:33
I do not have ADC1 and ADC2 readings on my Profilux unit

This is absolutely uncommon.

Anyway, you can restore the factory settings by "calibrating" it. This is only possible directly on device or via remote control in PLC, not via Software. Follow the manual for calibrating

Moonmachine
30.12.2012, 19:37
Hi Paul, I dont really think this is the problem although I will bear the interference problems in mind when routing cables. From reading on this forum these ADC values are unique to calibration of each unit?
Happy new year to you too!

Moonmachine
30.12.2012, 21:11
Hi Gunther, many thanks for the response. I just tried a firmware update to 5.15 and re calibrated the temp sensor but it remains the same. The ADC readings do change with the extension switched, but then i guess they would, on removing the extension they just revert back to 0.

Moonmachine
30.12.2012, 23:16
Just to add the calibration from the profilux itself just goes straight to save, I assume there should be other screens where values are adjusted.
I managed to find some base values on the forum, but have no way of inputting them.

Gunther
31.12.2012, 09:30
Just to add the calibration from the profilux itself just goes straight to save, I assume there should be other screens where values are adjusted.
No. This "saving" should restore the factory settings - if this doesn´t restore the values, the PL is defective in this case.

I managed to find some base values on the forum, but have no way of inputting them.
You can input this in PLC -> Probe/Sensor controls -> Temperature1 -> Calibrate ... [Button on bottom of right side]

Moonmachine
02.01.2013, 09:52
Hi Gunther. I managed to fix this, strange but swapped to a different laptop and the calibration through plc went through and was able to input the calibration values. I guess I just need to check and adjust to a reliable thermometer.
Again many thanks for your help.
James