PDA

View Full Version : Download causes crash

subshop
27.12.2012, 07:45
I have been using my Profilux 3 ex with the Profilux controls software on my Mac for years now. I use Parallels as my PC emulator and really never had much problems with it . Recently I noticed that the Profilux would disconnect soon after I connected . Within a few minutes it would just disconnect. I noticed that I was still using 5.1.4 so I thought I would upgrade to eliminate this problem. When The Profilux finishes installing the 5.1.4 software i get an error message saying "The ordinal 254 couldnot be located in the dynamic link library msi.dll. After I hit OK I get another error message saying "The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNELS32.dll ". I tried removing the software the reinstalling again but still get the same message. I even tried going back to 5.1.4 but I get the same error messages. Have I forgotten a step somewhere ??? Any help I appreciated. The Profilux is connect to a router with a lan cable and my computer is using wireless connection. This has been the way I have had it setup since before I upgraded to the PIII . Thanks in advance, Neil

Antipodes
27.12.2012, 08:14
Neil,
When I looked at this, my first thoughts were it is a windows error message, not a profilux file.
Sure enough I did a google search for the file and quite a number of hits came up.
Do your own search and see if there are any solutions that work for you!

subshop
28.12.2012, 19:26
ANTIPODES, I was finally able to install the appropriate software and now running 5.1.5.1 . The only problem I have now is that if i go to socket functions and use the override i get disconnected and get error 50 message. Most of the time its 50 sometimes I have gotten error 28. Any place to see what these codes mean ? Neil

Matthias
28.12.2012, 19:51
Hi

in 5.14 security features for manual override had been added - that's why your ProfiLux firmware and ProfiLuxControl is not compatible

if you have a firmware below 5.14 you need to upgrade if you want to use the newest PLC