PDA

View Full Version : Moonlight's

haxer100
25.12.2012, 01:50
Hello,
I cannot get my mitras units to turn completely off at night! :mad:I currently have a baby still sleeping in his crib in our masterbedroom which the light from the tank can be seen. I have unchecked all of the moonlight option from all channels and set the light color for 7pm to be 0% brightness and all channels to 0%. However the moon icon still shows on the front of the mitras units. The display on them also shows 0% for each color, but the royal blues are still on at at about 2% (guess as the display says 0%). I have tried multiple factory resets, multiple times tring to save and transmit the light run, and verified the checkboxes on simulation until I am blue in the face (no pun intended)...:mad: The GHL control center is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: I am a tech major and I still have fits with it....:mad::mad::mad: Also could the next version use more of the screen real estate... when looking at the light composer tab in control center all of the information is crowded into the box which is not even half of the screen size!:mad: I figured out how to connect to my win 8 machine and shared with others...so please if you can help with this moonlight problem I would be most grateful, I am currently having to unplug the units at night to keep the baby and misses happy, and am getting a lot of lip about my $3000 worth of lights that cant even cut them self's off like my $5 timer halides could...!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Matthias
27.12.2012, 10:51
Hi

it seems you are a fan of angry smilies;)

However, I would be able to help if I got a few details about your settings instead.

Your 3000$ lamps are able to switch off at night with the correct settings, don't worry.

The moon phase simulation, if activated, reduces the brightness of the illumination channel at night depending on the current moon phase (as the name says). If you turn off the simulation the light is never reduced at night, this is not what you wanted.

Instead: Change the illumination run in a way that all channels are off at night.

Do this either with the light composer or change the royal blue channel (I assume this is the one which stays on). Set the brightness at night to 0%.

Reading all your problems and complaints it sounds like you didn't find the manuals so far, you can download them here:
http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/english/section.php?sid=18

haxer100
03.01.2013, 00:03
@ Matthias ...
I am not a fan of angry smilies, I am a fan of high end equipment that works correctly!!! In answer to your post talking about me reading the user manual, I have went over it for two weeks of having this problem to rule out operator error on my part. I have studied it in detail and have already tried your suggestions above over a week ago. I have tried multiple configurations to no avail. I have turned moon simulation on and off on all channels. I set my lighting program to 0% brightness and a color of 0 Kelvin at 7pm local time, however the Royal Blues remain at 2% per the mitras front display.

I have done all of this and even factory reset all units multiple times. They are running LC Version 1.07, having done all of this the "moon" icon still displays on the front display of each mitras. Your response to my post, which was primarly a vent of my frustration with these 3 units only angered me even more! You acted like I was a novice user of the mitras and this could not be a GHL code/hardware problem. I had a problem connecting my mitras units to my win8 machine when I first got them several weeks ago in the first wave sent to the US and submitted a help ticket with no answer from GHL, I then researched the problem, found the solution, and posted it for others to use. This post has been referenced by yourself and Carolin to help others.

I say all of this to say that I have tried everything I can before bringing this up on the forum, please look into this and advise what I need to do, I can send my LC project or any needed screen shots upon request.

Regards,
Eric

Matthias
03.01.2013, 08:51
Hi

since I didn't hear anything I hoped the problem has been solved meanwhile, unfortunately it hasn't ...

the moon icon is always displayed, independent from the moon simulation settings, it just shows you the current moon phase

I don't think that we have a general hardware or software issue here, otherwise we had many other users with this problem, considering that we have now more than 1000 Mitras sold

-> please post your LC project, I will check it personally - I think you didn't set 2 dimming points (e.g. 8pm and 8am) with 0% brightness