PDA

View Full Version : Webserver problems

Halfmoon
09.12.2012, 04:12
I have a Net Gear WNDR3400 router, I was able to set up my previous controller for web access without problem. I'm not a professional, however I have a working knowledge of home networking. I currently have a home server and have no problem accessing this inside or outside of my network. I have searched and tried everything I have found on both Profilux forums and Reef Central with no luck getting my Profilux webserver to work. Inside or outside of my network. My Profilux server in on a reserved address well out of range of the other three computers I have on my network and I forwarded port 10001 to this address. Does anyone have any experience with this router that can help me out? Any other information needed?
Thanks,
Perry

Gunther
09.12.2012, 09:10
If you want to reach the webserver, you have to forward port 80 - Port 10001 is for ProfiluxControl

Halfmoon
09.12.2012, 17:44
Thanks, Gunther
I'm making progress, I'm able to get to the webserver and was able to log in. Now I have to address some other issues, in keeping with the forum rules I'll start another thread on that. I seem to see the server from inside and outside, although I am in my living room I'm accessing it from inside with the ip number and outside through no-ip. This test worked in the past on the other controller, but I leave town next week so that will be the real test. I still need to figure out how to change the webserver to F instead of C on temperature. I can convert, but being in America I'm still more comfortable with F degrees. Why we hold out and don't convert is a topic for another discussion, I remember when I was in grade school back in the 60's being told we were switching to the metric system, still waiting on that, :). I'll work on accessing the PLC from outside so I can turn things on and off remotely if need be. Thanks again.