PDA

View Full Version : Brightness on Moonlight.

gnisten
28.11.2012, 09:19
I have tested different combinations of LED channels, and channels alone to find a moonlight with a brightness that i like, but in my opinion, i thing the Moonlight is to bright when the moonphase is at its lowest point. I have 4 mitras LX over my 1.100 l tank. The LED Channel is set to 3%, as in the default light project. It would be nice if the brightness could be lowered even more, but i think it is difficult, from an electronic point of view. Maybe run moonlight with fewer diodes, og even decide how many of your lamps should run the Moonphases, when they are linked together.

Or maybe its just me :-)

I often dive in the red sea, and i know tha the moonlight is extremely bright, on some nightdives, you can navigate under the water, with the torch shut off. :-)

BigAl07
28.11.2012, 16:21
Could it be the timing? Right now the "Real" moon is very close to full so if the Mitras (and I'm throwing a big IF in there since I'm not running one) is simulating the actual phase of the moon it might be brighter right now than say in 2 weeks from now.

Like I said that's a big IF but I did notice my living room was well lit in the wee hours of the night because the moon is so bright right now but remember I'm running a SimuStick off of the GHL ProfiLux controller and the Mitras may not be carrying the same moon parameters as the ProfiLux.

gnisten
28.11.2012, 21:48
Hmm. the timing is ok, the lamps are following the phases correctly, i just think there´s too much power on, but as i said, the moon i real nature is extremely bright, so :-)
I ran the ghl simul moonbar before on the profilux, so i think it was the same if i had two of those back then. I personally just wish that we could get a little bit lower on the brightness, so the halfmoonphases wasn´t so bright, but again, i dont think its possible, according to the way LED´s are driven.

Im not unsatisfied at all, i love the mitras, and love the moonphases, no doubt about that....

Matthias
29.11.2012, 09:59
yes, there is a technical limit for the minimum brightness

below it the LEDs may flicker

gnisten
15.12.2012, 21:13
I know. Maybe run moonlight with fewer diodes would do it, but its not possible because of the configuration of the channels.