PDA

View Full Version : Strange behavior from SMS Module

benner
28.11.2012, 04:17
I am posting this because I want to share my experience with ghl and customers.....
Tonight, I noticed the red gsm light was flashing fast again indicating no signal....also the yellow light for pab was blinking once every second or half second consistently....which is strange because it usually blinks a lot and randomly, much like the lights on Ethernet/gigabit ports....
I tried to send out messages from module when it was like this but nothing happened, meaning there is actually an issue, not just lights....I powered off the SMS and then back on again and now everything is fine.....nothing else seemed affected.

I am running p3 with my pab chain as follows starting with p3
P3
SMS Module
Profilux Touch
Powerbar
Expansion Box
Powerbar

Any input is welcomed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

doggydoc10
28.11.2012, 04:23
Interesting. I have had the same thing hap to me before. I have cycled both p3 and SMS units and they have come back to normal functioning whatever that may be!!!!

benner
28.11.2012, 04:40
How often does this occur for you doggydoc?

doggydoc10
28.11.2012, 04:47
Maybe once or twice before.

benner
28.11.2012, 05:06
Strange.....it is like as though it times out or something and stops responding.....

Matthias
29.11.2012, 09:57
the PAB subsystem should run all the time without being interrupted

questions:

was another PAB-device afffected (for example: Touch was not responding, powerbar not switching, EXB not measuring, etc.)

is the firmware of each device (ProfiLux and all PAB-devices) up-to-date?

is there something special with the wiring (very long, different rooms, fix installation in the wall besides other cables) or are the devices just connected over short patch cables?

benner
29.11.2012, 11:35
No other devices seem to be affected and now the SMS module will actually still function proper but the red gsm light blinks fast and the pab lights seems to operate in a rhythmic fashion rather than randomly....
The SMS module is located upstairs because this is the only location I can get enough signal to make it work.....the wire run to the SMS module is about 7m each way.....total length of pab loop run is about 25 to 30m....the pab wires do cross paths with other wires I made this as minimal as possible.....what are your thoughts mathias? Worked fine for about a month......

Matthias
29.11.2012, 11:57
as long as the yellow LED is blinking there is communication over PAB

if there was a problem with the com. the green LED starts flashing

-> so with what you wrote it seems not to be a general PAB-problem and the SMS-unit was still talking to ProfiLux

I guess the SMS-unit lost the carrier signal and the reboot forced a reconnection