PDA

View Full Version : Can't update firmware...please help?!?!

meangreeneyes
26.11.2012, 13:51
I downloaded the "GHL control center" followed every step to to a "T." Then tried to go into the control center to "update firmware" followed instructions again to a "T," and it said update successful. However, it is still showing 1.05 instead of 1.07 in the control center. I have a laptop with windows 7 starter. Please help.

I've had my light since last week (last Monday to be exact) and haven't used it because of this issue. Let's just say that I've beyond lost patience. I've done the steps over and over...and over again to no avail. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software. Regretting the purchase at this point because of the headache. I've sat for hours and poured over threads on this light trying to find answers. It really can't be that difficult. What am I missing. Sorry for my level of frustration, but this is driving me insane.

Tmat
26.11.2012, 18:59
When you are going to upload the firmware read everything explained in the box - you have to install the com drivers in the directory where the GHL control center is installed before you upload the new firm, if you don't do this it won't be updated.