PDA

View Full Version : Blackout Delay

BelloBlue
20.11.2012, 12:23
Hello,

Have Profilux 3.1A.

I have Maxspect lights, where default setting after power loss is "all lights ON".

So I need to set the blackout delay for say 8 hours. At the moment, the max blackout delay is 60 min.

Any way I can do this with Programmable logic?

Thanks!

reef
21.11.2012, 09:04
So I need to set the blackout delay for say 8 hours. At the moment, the max blackout delay is 60 min.
i use blackout to delay power going to each socket. so after a power cut my sockets start up again after say 15mins so that not all the power sockets come on the same time.
unsure why you have to delay by 8 hours, once power is back then it reverts back to normal so lights will go off when you have selected it to go off.

BelloBlue
21.11.2012, 09:52
Assume that the lights come on at 12 noon to 12 midnight.

If the power goes off at 1am and returns at 2am, with a max blackout delay of 60 min, the lights will come on at 3am at full blast, switching off only at midnight the following day.

If i can delay for 8 hrs i will be able to see the problem.

reef
21.11.2012, 10:11
oh, never had that issue.
I am sure i have had powercuts at night and lights do not turn on.

Hopefully Matthias can help.

BelloBlue
21.11.2012, 10:17
Yeah, its very silly that Maxspect would leave the default setting as all ON. But these are the older units, probably improved their stuff.

Nevertheless thanks for looking and do hope someone from GHL chimes in.

Thanks!

reef
21.11.2012, 10:19
what happens if you remove the Blackout and make it zero. do you need a blackout?

BelloBlue
21.11.2012, 10:36
The maxspect has two channels i.e. White and blue.

If i use the light on a timer basis, i lose the ability to program seperate ON times i.e. Both will switch on when power is restored.

I've been using these lights for about 2 and a half years at least. Don't lose power very often, but hate waking up to a fully lit tank.

reef
21.11.2012, 11:06
yes but what happens if you remove the Blackout delay and make it zero.

BelloBlue
21.11.2012, 11:57
In that case, it would work as a basic timer and lights would come on at 2am in the example above

BelloBlue
21.11.2012, 11:59
Oops, sorry....

My goal is to program the light as always on, with the blackout delay set to 8hrs.

So yeah, with no blackout delay, the lights would just come on when power is restored.