PDA

View Full Version : Starting event manually to fill RO tank.

gnisten
19.11.2012, 14:46
Hi guys.

I have an 100 litres RO tank. I have installed an ghl optical sensor at the top level to stop the RO unit when the tank is filled with fresh RO water. I want to be able to start this event manually, and let the sensor stop producing water when the tank is filled. The reason why i dont let the process run 100% automaticly, is that i want to keep an eye on the tds meter on the RO device, to be shure the the water quality is ok, and no filters need service. Could be nice to be able to start this event from the Profilux view. :-)

DavidC
20.11.2012, 01:30
I have a similar installation and instead of a sensor I'm using an RO float valve like this

http://cdn.bulkreefsupply.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5f177bf57faef1e99ae3f2f2e320fef0/2/0/200212-Reverse-Osmosis-Auto-Shut-Off-Kit-a_1.jpg

It's way cheaper and does the function very well. Among the valve I'm also using an auto shut off valve to completely stop the system so waste water is also stopped.

When you run a TPS you have time enough to check TDS level.

I'm using the sensor to control auto top off in the sump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gnisten
20.11.2012, 18:03
Im using sensors to control ATO in the sump as well, and one to stop the skimmer if the level in the sump is rising to a level where the skimmer is going nuts. What do you mean with TPS?
I want to start the RO unit by the Profilux View, if possible. The Float valve i have considered, but if i can implement the sequence in the profilux it would be nice.