PDA

View Full Version : ph getting up

huub1983
01.11.2012, 21:34
hey

Mij ph is getting op when tl light are turning on
i have 2 dimmable evg ap2f
if the lights are off my ph is around 7 if the lamps are on at full power 10 volt ph is around the 11 or 12

how is this possible

greeting huub

Wirus
01.11.2012, 22:15
how is this possible

Looks like your wiring is done in a way that there are influences into ph measurement.

benner
02.11.2012, 02:25
Have you tried testing my a ph probe besides the ghl profilux one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

benner
02.11.2012, 02:26
Or maybe recalibrate......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

huub1983
02.11.2012, 19:25
yes i have tried that .
and i have checkt all the wires.
but it only go up by 1 lamp 1 card evg
and if i put the lamp out ph is normale

Antipodes
03.11.2012, 05:36
but it only go up by 1 lamp 1 card evg
and if i put the lamp out ph is normale
So to reiterate, you have ensure that no light wiring is tied in to the bundle with the PH lead and is at least 20 cm (10") away.
The lighting is correctly earthed and the whole assy is not building up potential (voltage) from a leaking (electical leakage)fitting.
Is the ph probe in the sump or the tank?
Is the light cycle tied in to any pump action. Eg when lights go out a pump stops or slows down?

If you take the ph probe out while the light is on, and put in some caibration fluid (7) is the reading high like it was in the tank? or does it drop down suggesting that a potential may exist in the tank?

huub1983
03.11.2012, 12:40
if i put the pen in 7 fluid it is almost 7 with the light on
I have no pump that slow down or anything els
i have light ph and temp (only reading)

Antipodes
03.11.2012, 22:29
Hi Because you were able to read a normal PH when you removed the probe from the tank and placed into the buffer. It indicates you have a voltage potential from the light affecting the tank? You will need to get someone in who knows about electricity to see where the electrical leakage is.
You could try a different light fitting if you can borrow of a friend and see if this does the same or resolves the problem!.
If it does not then there is a problem with the light!!!
Sorry I can not do any more for you from here!