PDA

View Full Version : Troubles with Profilux Control on Vista

cerreta
22.07.2009, 04:55
So I have tried numerous times to uninstall and reinstall the Profilux Control (many different versions too) and it will not run the program on a 64bit Vista system

The error message reads:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Profilux Control II V4070\ProfiLuxControl II.exe
The application failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

I downloaded all the Windows Updates indicated for this new Dell laptop.

Okay, so then I took it in to a computer shop today and they speculate that the Profilux software is a 32bit program. They said that Vista operates in 64bit and is backwards compatible with 32bit. However, it is not a true 32bit program and it simulates that environment. Therefore, the files likely cause troubles when back converted.

Do you know if Profilux is available as a 64 bit program??? Or can you advise how to solve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated

cerreta
22.07.2009, 05:19
So I spent some more time surfing the Vista website.

It does appear that many people have had issues running software developed for a 32bit environment on the new Vista 64-bit operating system.

The options available are:
1. Purchase older FULL Version Vista 32bit OS
2. Download a patch (or new version) from software developer with program built and tested to run in a Vista 64 bit OS.

Since, this is a work computer, I do not have the option to purchase an older Vista OS. Furthermore, since 64 bit systems will only become more popular in the very near future, it seems prudent that Profilux has an interest in producing this software.

Has the Profilux Control been tested on the Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1, 64-bit Operating System? Any thoughts to this resolution?

cerreta
23.07.2009, 04:02
Here is an update. I took the machine back to the store and tested the program in four other Dell laptops. All machines produced the same result.

Then, I ran the program in the same Windows Home 64bit Vista OS and it worked. Therefore, it seems to be an issue with Dell machines running the 64bit Vista OS.

My guess is that you folks will see more problems emerging in the future with these Dell machines.

So, I returned the Dell and bought the Gateway. All is well.

boboxx
23.07.2009, 15:06
I just tried it with a new Dell latitude E6500 64bit Vista business (received yesterday) and had no issue. I run it on an older E6400 and have no issue also. I would think that is there is an issue it's probably related to bundle software package included with the machine.

cerreta
24.07.2009, 03:28
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the input. I am certainly glad that I got out of the Dell. Something wierd with those machines I tested.
Cheers

Antipodes
24.07.2009, 05:41
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the input. I am certainly glad that I got out of the Dell. Something wierd with those machines I tested.
Cheers

Possibly even UAE enabled or something like that??