PDA

View Full Version : Brand new Mitras control display not working

RichardW
24.10.2012, 13:20
I have just unboxed my new Mitras units to find one of the units has an issue with it's touch sensitive display. The display just scrolls through the menu very fast and is not responding my touch? I have informed my supplier ReefDreams who are also investigating - but I am really not very happy

GHL Support
24.10.2012, 14:43
This sounds like the touch calibration does not fit to your environment.

You can easily recalibrate your Mitras touch via the GCC (GHL Control Center).
Please install the GCC and connect the Mitras via USB.
If you hit connect and select "Keys..." at the Extras menu.
Then click to "Calibrate keys" at the capacitive keys window.

RichardW
24.10.2012, 14:53
I have tried this and all that happens is the front screen changes to calibrate " do not touch " then nothing else happens freezes like ths . Within the ghl softwere sometimes it resets the values back to zero but doesn't reset the unit. Please can you explain if I should reset the unit to stand alone or will it calibrate in sinc mode ect as nothing is working

GHL Support
25.10.2012, 06:54
I don't understand... what do you mean with "nothing else happens freezes like ths"

After the touch calibration the Display should stop scrolling and the Mitas keys should work.
Maybe loading the default settings (in GCC Extras menu) is an other try...

RichardW
25.10.2012, 15:37
I have followed all the steps advised and the problem was not resolved, I decided to take the unit back to my supplier today where we checked the steps together and they have also confirmed the re- calibration process didn't fix the issue. It would appear the unit had accured damage whilst in transit and has agreed to take the unit back. Reefdreams have been very helpful regarding this problem and I must show the upmost respect to them for their patients and time they provided evaluating the problem and helping to find a solution.

chiefzod
10.09.2013, 09:42
Ho do you calibrate? Mine just sits on the diagnosis screen with number that jump all over the place.

Matthias
07.10.2013, 07:51
Ho do you calibrate? Mine just sits on the diagnosis screen with number that jump all over the place.

first you should use the newest firmware (at the moment 1.14) and GCC

then go to the keys menu and click "calibrate" and follow the instructions

Important: A calibration is only necessary if the keys do not respond correctly! Otherwise leave this setting alone!