PDA

View Full Version : Mitras support help when needed

aqua_digital
18.10.2012, 19:28
We now have a Mitras in our office ready at anytime should someone need some help in setting up upon arrival.

On request a basic project template that you can adjust for yourself to your own settings can be sent to you.

doggydoc10
18.10.2012, 23:12
Please send it to me Michael.

aqua_digital
18.10.2012, 23:31
Just sent it

aqua_digital
18.10.2012, 23:59
The file I am sending out is set to 12k for the day and 17k for moonlight, you can adjust the colour temp as you wish, and alter the times to suit your needs.

Remember to set the lamp time to pc time so you are in sync just as you would the profiLux.

hemoi
21.10.2012, 02:30
Hi,
Would it be worth setting up a thread where people can upload there lighting projects for others to try. With the infinite combinations I think we could have some cool and interesting light shows :)

Can you send me the template as well please.

Hem

shaggss
21.10.2012, 08:21
great! Thanks Michael. could you please email to me as we'll.

TYVM!

shaggss
21.10.2012, 08:27
Michael

On the General page, the on and off times for the display dimmer are in German for me regardless of the language setting? Also, no matter what times I set, the display is always on. Is this function meant to switch the display off?

Thanks for any help!

aqua_digital
21.10.2012, 13:18
Hi

Yes for now the times are in German, not all translations have been completed for example Englische - Von - Bis

The dimming of the display is working for me, make sure you are running the latest software.

what firmware version is your Mitras running?

I will need an email address to send the file to.

shaggss
21.10.2012, 17:03
Hi Michael

Yes latest software and firmware 1.05. I will try again. Just to confirm the display will completely turn off or just dim?

PM sent for email address

Thanks s billion!

doggydoc10
22.10.2012, 20:30
Michael please email me. Received Mitras and trying to connect via USB.
Error 471

aqua_digital
22.10.2012, 23:36
replied by email

MAC cross over driver issue by the looks of it (embedded driver is microsoft), waiting for reply from GHL HQ and will follow up by email.

doggydoc10
23.10.2012, 00:35
Thanks. But it DOESN'T have to do anything with MAC since I am using parallels....windows 7
Please DON'T PUT THE BLAME ON THE CUSTOMER.

aqua_digital
23.10.2012, 00:42
I dont think anywhere above can be read the customer has been blamed.

Anyway waiting for reply from GHL for an answer as I do not have access right now to the error codes, and as said in the emails only offering some out of hours guidance just incase it was something simple, and until we get an accurate reply, it may not even be driver related, lets wait and see

I will revert back once we have an answer for you.

aqua_digital
23.10.2012, 14:42
We have done a lot of research into this error as it is not a GHL generated error but a windows error as you will see from below, just typing into Google USB 471 error brings up some great info.

There is excellent info online in regards to a cure, here are some useful links

http://wiki-guide.org/wiki/Windows_Error/?kw=Error471

“The Error 471 error is usually as a result of Microsoft Windows system data file malfunction. Corrupted system entries are often a substantial danger to the well being of a computer.
There can be many events which may trigger file errors;
1. Another program was uninstalled that removed a file that was required by another program or the operating system.
2. A program was installed that overwrote a file with either an older version or a version that is incompatible with other programs causing this error.
3. A bad installation of a program corrupted one or more files causing the error.
4. Another user or program maliciously or mistakenly deleted a file or an associated file.
5. A hardware issue exists with the computer, such as a bad hard disk drive, causing the data on the drive to become corrupt, casing this error.
Additionally; incomplete installations/uninstalls, improper deletion of programs or computer hardware, viruses or by an improper shutdown of the computer system can all cause this error.”

More here
http://www.calvaryacademy-snowberrysprings.com/error-471.php

Here is some feedback from an Apple related forum in regards to error 471 as you are using VM

"Had a remote assistance session for parallels support last night. Took 2 hours of fiddling but they have sorted the issue by uninstalling parallels 6 and reinstalling it, then reinstalling parallels tools."

I hope this gives you a good starting point

doggydoc10
25.10.2012, 19:11
I was able to connect to old pc that I borrow. Still trying to make connection via parallels later tonight.
Question for you guys.
I was able to set up a project, so far looking great. On the "illumination run" window under color what's the average everyone has it set up to?
I do prefer the more bluish hue to my tank esp at night: do I achieve this by increasing the k to 17810 at the desired times?
Or do I need to change the predefined color and then also adjust the "bar" more towards the blue square?