PDA

View Full Version : Pab error - wierd message

BIGSHOW
22.09.2012, 23:40
Here is a message I get when I try and load my old file.

MY PAB powerbars are not working. I get this message three times. (I have three PAB powerbars) Everything else works fine. I have made no changes other then the power went out.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26422390/Errpr.png

Thanks for your help.

Matthias
23.09.2012, 09:26
You can ignore this message. An older version of ProfiLuxControl and/or firmware of ProfiLux produced this message when loading back the settings to Profilux.
It has to do with the "dynamic nominal value" function which you are not using. Ognroing this warning has no bad consequences.

But your "my PAB powerbars are not working" issue needs to be resolved.

Could you explain a little more what this means? I see in your screen shot that all sockets have function "always off".

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 12:47
Basically I have tried everything in order for the Profilux to recognize the PAB power bars.

I have a brand new cable, plugged in.

- No Devices Found.

I then plug in only one PAB cable into one PAB power bar.
- No Devices Found.

PAB Re-set
Turn off/on Profilux.
- No Devices Found.

Any suggestions?

I can see all the sockets, they are greyed out, but they shouldn't be.

Dave

You can ignore this message. An older version of ProfiLuxControl and/or firmware of ProfiLux produced this message when loading back the settings to Profilux.
It has to do with the "dynamic nominal value" function which you are not using. Ognroing this warning has no bad consequences.

But your "my PAB powerbars are not working" issue needs to be resolved.

Could you explain a little more what this means? I see in your screen shot that all sockets have function "always off".

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 12:50
I should of mentioned that I have no yellow (communication lights) on the PAB powerbars.

Dave

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 13:11
Is there anyone I can call to help get this issue resolved a little faster?

Thanks.

Matthias
23.09.2012, 13:48
The yellow LEDs show communication on the bus. The green LEDs are on?

Have these powerbars ever been communicating with the ProfiLux in the past?

Is the wiring OK?

Matthias
23.09.2012, 13:49
You can call us directly or your retailer anytime at usual office times.

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 13:49
Yup, the power pars were good in the past.

The green light is on.

It just seems like the PAB function on the controller itself is disabled or not connected.

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 13:50
You can call us directly or your retailer anytime at usual office times.

Thanks Matthias, I will tomorrow if we can't figure this out today.

Dave

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 13:51
When I run the PLC software I no longer see any PAB powerbars in the system tab.

I tried 3 different cat5 cables (including a new proiflux one)

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 13:54
everything else works including my digital power bars (plugged into the S ports)....thank god for them!

I just can't get the PAB bars communicating.

Matthias
23.09.2012, 14:07
could you assign the PAB devices (again) please ?

before that reset the PAB system

all to be done on the ProfiLux under menu system->PAB

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 14:11
could you assign the PAB devices (again) please ?

before that reset the PAB system

all to be done on the ProfiLux under menu system->PAB

I did it again, still "No Devices Found"....even after the re-set.

The funny thing is, I don't have a PAB warning light error as well

Matthias
23.09.2012, 14:14
is the wirnig OK?

did you try the other PAB port?

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 14:18
Yup, just tried again. And on different PAB powerbars.

Still "No Devices Found"

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 14:19
I just noticed that the power bar green light is flashing.....is this normal?

Matthias
23.09.2012, 14:26
yes, this indicates that here has been no communication for more than 1 minute

we can't do much more, even on the telephone

you said
- wires are OK (did you doublecheck it and swapped the order of the powerbars and used other cables?)
- tried all PAB ports (really both ProfiLux and both powerbar sockets in all combinations?)
- reset PAB and assigned it again?

if this points are all correct then PAB must work - if not there is something broken or the firmware is not matching - powerbar firmware? profiLux firmware? Always use the newest

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 14:33
I will try it all again, but I don't think its going to work. Seems like the PAB function on the actual profilux is broken.

I will update the latest FW and see if it helps

yes, this indicates that here has been no communication for more than 1 minute

we can't do much more, even on the telephone

you said
- wires are OK (did you doublecheck it and swapped the order of the powerbars and used other cables?)
- tried all PAB ports (really both ProfiLux and both powerbar sockets in all combinations?)
- reset PAB and assigned it again?

if this points are all correct then PAB must work - if not there is something broken or the firmware is not matching - powerbar firmware? profiLux firmware? Always use the newest

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 14:52
- I have swapped out wires and powerbars, done the system re-set, re-start and tried to assign but "No devices Found"
- Tried a bunch of combinations of the powerbars/powerbar slots and the 2 PAB slots at the back of the Profiux
- Can't assign the PAB devices, because they can not be found.

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 14:53
I am now running the newest FW. I don't know what the FW is on the PAB powerbars but it should be 104

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 15:08
If its an internal issue with the actual Profilux Computer then where do we go from here? I can't have my system down for an extended period of time

Thanks for the quick replies.

Dave

Matthias
23.09.2012, 15:37
what PAB group does the ProfiLux has? set it to 1

Matthias
23.09.2012, 15:39
it is not very likely that ALL PAB ports don't work, both ProfiLux and powerbar sockets have independent electronics, so there must at least one combination work

if the situation can't be solved by replacing cables or changing the settings I am afraid ou have to contact your retailer

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 16:13
what PAB group does the ProfiLux has? set it to 1

It is set to 1.

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 16:14
it is not very likely that ALL PAB ports don't work, both ProfiLux and powerbar sockets have independent electronics, so there must at least one combination work

if the situation can't be solved by replacing cables or changing the settings I am afraid ou have to contact your retailer

I will talk with the distributor in Canada since the retailer is not accessible for me.

Thanks Matthias.

aqua_digital
23.09.2012, 17:07
Please make sure software and firmware are matching this is important, not just latest firmware you must also load latest software.

In your email to me you said this occured after power back on? Why did the power go off? this is important clue!

how many power bars do you have? any other pab devices to rule out controller?

i cant take calls today i am actually typing to you from my bed with fever! sorry :-(( but either me or one of my staff will be in the office from 9am tomorrow if not resolved by forum support.

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 17:12
Please make sure software and firmware are matching this is important, not just latest firmware you must also load latest software.

In your email to me you said this occured after power back on? Why did he power go off? this is important clue!

how many power bars do you have? any other pab devices to rule out controller?

i cant take calls today i am actually typing to you from my bed with fever! sorry :-(( but either me or one of my staff will be in the office from 9am tomorrow if not resolved by forum support.

Thanks for responding.

I will check the software and make sure things are compatiable.

I have 3 powerbars and the profilux touch. Two powerbars and the touch were on one port, the other power bar was on the other port.
I tried both ports on the stand alone power bar and again both ports on the other 2 powerbars. In all cases I re-set the powerbar, restarted the Profilux and again tried to assign the devices, which were not found.

I will try and see if the the Profilux Touch and see if that works.

The power went off because I switched the breaker off.

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 17:13
I hope you feel better, thank you for taking the time to respond here.

aqua_digital
23.09.2012, 17:26
Joys of having 3 year old in pre school!

Ok important - do the other devices work? or is this just one power bar issue?

plug in one pab device for example the touch and let me know if it assigns.

Rough guess based on first post you have miss match in fw and sw

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 17:41
None of the PAB power bars work, I just tried the touch on both ports and still ..no devices found, so none of my PAB devices are working.

All other devices work on the Profilux, L-ports, S-ports, just not the PAB.

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 17:47
What I also find weird (not wierd :)..) is that the alarm on the profilux isn't on (normally I would see a PAB comm error if I had PAB device not working).

When I look at all the socket functions in the Profilux software it shows all the the sockets functioning like normal.

aqua_digital
23.09.2012, 18:07
last two things

1. check matching fw
2 if matching do a firmware update anyway.

if no go then we will take the controller in, but this is unlikely outcome based on history.

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 18:09
Check matching FW.

This means check the FW on the actual Profilux and check it using the PLC software?

last two things

1. check matching fw
2 if matching do a firmware update anyway.

if no go then we will take the controller in, but this is unlikely outcome based on history.

aqua_digital
23.09.2012, 18:17
yes - if unsure reload both from download section on main site - save settings and then delete old software first

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 18:24
yes - if unsure reload both from download section on main site - save settings and then delete old software first

Both FW on the PLC and the Profilux are 5.14

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 18:39
I did a factor re-set on the Profilux, brought back in my settings, everything works but my PAB devices.

I also noticed that the amp usage does not show up on the digital power bars (that are working) in the PLC software (5.1.4.3)

aqua_digital
23.09.2012, 20:29
I need you to do a firmware re-load, a factory reset wil not do much in this case.

For proper and thorough diagnosis I also need to know if the breaker tripped, this has a huge bearing on swift fault finding.

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 21:57
I need you to do a firmware re-load, a factory reset wil not do much in this case.

For proper and thorough diagnosis I also need to know if the breaker tripped, this has a huge bearing on swift fault finding.

I tried to update the FW and the profilux froze and so did the software on my computer. I unplugged the Profilux, plugged it back in, and now the screen is grey on the profilux.

Nothing works now

aqua_digital
23.09.2012, 22:09
Possibly because you did not press to accept the firmware on the profilux prior to pressing accept on teh pC so now you have removed the firmware. This is common mistake.

Please now follow this how to video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l6rsaO_dSjs

Or this sticky
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?1274-ProfiLux-3-What-to-do-in-the-case-a-firmware-update-failed

aqua_digital
23.09.2012, 22:14
I also still need to know why the breaker tripped? This is very important.

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 22:31
It tripped because I shut off that breaker by accident when turning off some others.

aqua_digital
23.09.2012, 22:40
Once you get the firmware reloaded this will be the final option prior to sending in for service. Please let me know once done and the outcome.

The reason I asked about the breaker is because the controller is not known to fail without their being an "event" taking place, turning the controller on and off will not make a board go down, the most common reason is a power surge that trips breakers and has a habit of taking delicate devices with it such as PC's, laptops, and ProfiLux is not immune from this pain in the butt. Interestlingly the most often location for this is Canada! :(

Lets see what the outcome is from the firmware update then go from there.

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 22:41
I also still need to know why the breaker tripped? This is very important.

Screen is still grey on the profilux, looks like a few different shades. When I plug the Profilux (reset it) back in using the flash software, nothing happens

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 22:43
At this point I just need to replace it ASAP. Can we find someone local who has the unit so I can purchase it, then I can send you my unit?

aqua_digital
23.09.2012, 22:43
How are you connecting the controller to the PC when doing the update?

aqua_digital
23.09.2012, 22:44
At this point I just need to replace it ASAP. Can we find someone local who has the unit so I can purchase it, then I can send you my unit?

I do not think this will be an option as then the controller would be second hand and the dealer could not re sell.But yes I think we have exhausted forum support and best to continue by email.

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 22:46
I am using USB, I can see the device in my drivers.

You have my email, please message me so we can go through the options.

Thanks

aqua_digital
23.09.2012, 23:01
In both tutorials it says you need to use an RS232 to USB adapter, this is why it is not working for you.

At this point I think it is best to return the unit to us for firmware update, we revert to email. Thanks ;)

BIGSHOW
23.09.2012, 23:59
In both tutorials it says you need to use an RS232 to USB adapter, this is why it is not working for you.

At this point I think it is best to return the unit to us for firmware update, we revert to email. Thanks ;)

Sent you an email. Thanks for your help.

BIGSHOW
26.09.2012, 22:15
So I flashed my unit with the GHL Serial cable and the PAB ports came back to life.

Thanks for your help Aqua Digital and GHL.

I do appreciate it.