PDA

View Full Version : Level sensors on Expansion Box

benner
17.09.2012, 02:20
Anyone using an expansion box with level sensors hooked up??? I'm having issues with mine, with two
Sensors for ato and awc....maybe I have to update firmware?? I have four probes connected and control my tunze pumps currently with expansion box.....

reeferqq
17.09.2012, 07:36
I have 5 level control, two for ATO & AWC, one for water leakage detection and the other two in expansion box for AWC (min. Level control) and RO/DI reservoir top-off , all working perfectly except ATO ( max / min ) and AWC min level control can't be used together at this moment.

benner
17.09.2012, 10:23
Thank you for your reply......I am also trying to use two optical level sensors together with a y splitter in order to accomplish ato and awc.....this splitter is plugged into the level port on the expansion. Are you telling me that this is not possible?? And how do you know?? Seems like people have it working when connected directly to their profilux......I.e. michael's how to video for ato and awc......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

benner
17.09.2012, 10:31
Check out these screen shots......this is me trying to setup the ato and awc with two optical level sensors connected to expansion box....I am assuming the levels are 3 and 4 on my expansion box....am I doing something wrong? Or is it not possible??

One thing I noticed is that the software wants to make sensor 1 as 11 and sensor 2 as 4 and when I do that it will just continuously call for fill water but never shuts off.....if I name sensors properly then nothing happens.....

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/17/7u2umy6a.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/17/e6ysusag.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/17/pa6y5ega.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/17/e4yny8e5.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/17/abajudu4.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/17/upe5ype3.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/17/gedymy9a.jpg

reeferqq
17.09.2012, 14:38
Just tried changing my sensor setting to those two sensors on expansion box for AWC....but not working !!! Better use the sensor port on profilux at this moment.

I think you are using latest firmware, level sensor need to be checked one by one in order to indentify the correct sensor no., you can use the level sensor screen, check for the state when trigger the sensor on and off.

aqua_digital
17.09.2012, 16:39
The how to was based on 5.13, in 5.14 there have been some changes so the above info is likely relevant.

The guide has been done to bridge the gap, I think GHL may look at making these features a bit more plug and play in the future, lets hope so.

doggydoc10
17.09.2012, 17:24
Tagging along. VERY interested in more detailed versions sine I am at 5.14

benner
17.09.2012, 22:01
Ok so what you are saying then is that it is not possible to use the splitter with the expansion box.....or is the expansion just not capable of doing the ato and awc??

benner
17.09.2012, 22:04
I can not get anything from level sensors 1 to 4 to trigger or recognize anything on my expansion box with both sensors connected to the splitter.... And I meant update the firmware for the expansion box....

benner
17.09.2012, 22:10
Also, on my p3 screen and on my touch I have it now checked to show levels, and it shows "1234" on the left at the bottom and nothing on the right.....

Check out these pics of it showing levels......
And if you look at my old pics in the level section it looks like it recognizes sensors 1 to 4 as being available.....

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/18/9u8ypave.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/18/5u7a9une.jpg

Matthias
18.09.2012, 07:28
Let us start at the beginning and forget the previous posts - too confusing in my opinion

in general: ATO and AWC works for all sensors in the system, incl. Expansion Box

the setup depends on the used firmware, as I can see in these screenshots you are using 5.14, right?

The Expansion Box must be assigned correctly. If a firmware update either of the Expansion Box or the ProfiLux has been made in the past it is possible that the assignment isn't correct anymore.

I recommend this:
- save settings and sensor data first
- bring ProfiLux and Expansion Box to the newest firmware version and update ProfiLuxControl if not already happened
- reset PAB
- assign PAB devices
- load settings back

thelevel sensors are numbered as follows:
- ProfiLux onboard level sensors (e.g. 1 + 2)
- sensors of the first EXB (e.g. 3 + 4)
- and so on

please check the newest programmers guide 5.14

next step: check the sensor assignments of the level control you want to use

do the ATO or AWC settings now - let us go from here

benner
18.09.2012, 10:35
Yes I am using 5.14 firmware for profilux......I have never updated firmware for expansion box so I will follow your instructions and see what happens.....thank you!!

reeferqq
18.09.2012, 11:08
I did all of the above steps for my Vortech module issue before and AWC working perfectly (sensor 1 on controller, sensor 2 on expansion box) but when I change the sensor 1 ( top level control ) to another sensor on expansion box, it not working.

benner
18.09.2012, 22:01
I did all of the above steps for my Vortech module issue before and AWC working perfectly (sensor 1 on controller, sensor 2 on expansion box) but when I change the sensor 1 ( top level control ) to another sensor on expansion box, it not working.

Are you using the latest firmware on your expansion box??

reeferqq
18.09.2012, 23:56
All are in latest firmware.

benner
20.09.2012, 01:22
I am going to attempt to update the firmware on my expansion box this weekend......I read that it is required to have profilux 3 connected directly to the device you are updating via pab, with no other pab devices connected.....I will buy a separate cable just for doing these firmware updates.....has anyone tried updating devices without disconnecting the others?? Also, where can I find out what firmware version my expansion is at??

GHL Support
20.09.2012, 07:32
An PAB update can only be done, if the device is the only one at the PAB ports at the ProfiLux.
Means: the PAB device is directly connected to the ProfiLux and no other device is connected to the PAB
This is not for security reasons - it is absolutely necessary.

The firmware could be checked directly at the ProfiLux: System -> Config. PAB -> PAB information -> [select your PAB device]

benner
20.09.2012, 10:13
Thank you Frank!

benner
20.09.2012, 11:16
I checked it and I am at 1.06 FW on my expansion box......is it still required I do a FW update??

Matthias
20.09.2012, 12:26
no, this is already the newest

ProfiLuxControl also displays the firmware versions - have a look at "system" - there your whole system is displayed

benner
21.09.2012, 02:37
Ok. I have saved all settings and then reset the pab.....I then reassigned pab devices and installed the latest software 5.1.4.3 profilux control.....I loaded all settings back to profilux from files on computer.....I have now set sensor 1 to 3 and sensor 2 to 4 and it is calling for rodi ato and turning on the socket that has the 120v solenoid connected to it to open and allow rodi water to fill up the sump.......I have the solenoid unplugged right now but this is a good sign because I was not getting this far before..... Sensor is set now so it is right at water level and it keeps going on and off every minute or less so I turned off for now until I can test by filling with nsw. On my touch the number 3 sensor keeps appearing and disappearing as it turns on and off.....
I am mixing some nsw now and tomorrow night i will attempt to fill enough nsw into sump to turn off sensor and make sure it is working.....but like I said better than I had!!
And all settings and sensors are back to normal on profilux.....I like that save feature!!

ashlight
21.09.2012, 05:55
When you saying only one extension could be connected at a time of an update, can it be that all PUB cable are connected but electricity is disconnected from all units that are not to be programed?

Gunther
21.09.2012, 06:32
can it be that all PUB cable are connected

No, it means: Unplug all other devices except the one you want to update

benner
27.09.2012, 02:02
Ok, so after resetting pab and then reassigning devices it appears now to be working properly.....only issue now is that my optical level sensor is extremely sensitive in my sump and constantly calls for ato rodi fill on and then off every second or so.....is this normal?? Anyway to help eliminate this??

Matthias
05.10.2012, 16:17
change the reaction time for this sensor