PDA

View Full Version : Flow Meter

kassysimon
05.09.2012, 15:17
Hello.

I have the PIII and im using two level sensors for AWC and soon i will set them up to use them for AWC and ATO.

I would also like to buy the flow meter. How can i connect this to my PIII if i already have a splitter in the level input for my two level sensors?

Thanks

Gunther
05.09.2012, 16:47
There are three possible ways:

use of an extension box (expensive, only useful if also needed for other cards)
use of an enhancement kit to build an PL3ex (less expensivew, but also only useful if you need the other connectors)
use of the annouced level card (not available yet, but should be avavailable in a short while)

kassysimon
05.09.2012, 17:00
Thank you Gunther.

Also, thank you with your help earlier to have sockets turn off during AWC.

BigAl07
06.09.2012, 17:26
Gunther and a "splitter" also be "split"?

kassysimon
07.09.2012, 00:18
Gunther and a "splitter" also be "split"?

???

Do you mean "can" a splitter also be split?

BigAl07
07.09.2012, 13:02
???

Do you mean "can" a splitter also be split?

Dang auto-correct on typing LOL!

Yes can the level splitter be split again? I know that the "S" port can be split and each split re-split because I've seen it done for multi-channel LED using 4 EVG cards into 1 port but not sure how the level ports work.

Also is the "plug" on a level cable something "standard" where a splitter can be found locally since they are on back-order here by GHL?

Gunther
07.09.2012, 13:32
can the level splitter be split again?

No. A Level plug socket (the standard one, not the additional ..ex) has two input channnels, not more. It can be splitted for two level sensors cause it´s forseen for that

I know that the "S" port can be split and each split re-split ...

Contrary to level port the S-Port is an output so this is completely different.

BigAl07
07.09.2012, 13:34
No. A Level plug socket (the standard one, not the additional ..ex) has two input channnels, not more. It can be splitted for two level sensors cause it´s forseen for that

Contrary to level port the S-Port is an output so this is completely different.

Thank you Gunther. That's good information!

Allen