PDA

View Full Version : Dual water change using PL-ADIN

B B
18.07.2009, 14:28
I will be setting up the auto water change this weekend and want to know how to program the profilux the way I want it to do the waterchange.

The sump is feeding 3 tanks a 30, 65, & 90 at the moment... a 180 will be replacing the 90 within the next month or so, and the 65 will be a bangaii cardinal breeding tank.

sensor 1 and 2 will be the high/low level in the sump for the auto water change.

sensor 3 will be used as a low level to check that there is enough water in my 125g bin that will hold the new water.

Is it possible to program the profilux to do this?

1. check sensor 3 to make sure there is enough water in the bin to do the water change. if not then alarm and stop program.

2. turn off return pumps[S2], both skimmers[S3], and heaters[S4]

3. drain skimmer section (~20g) of my sump [S6]

4. fill sump [S5]

5. turn on S2, S3, S4.

I think that 20g every 2 days on a 400g (180+65+30+60sump+60refug) water column should be ok. or is it too much?

I purchased the PL-ADIN to control another pair of level sensors (sensor 4&5, high&low level) to do auto water change in my breeder tank once the fish room is set up in a couple of weeks. I will be upgrading the firmware on the profilux to 4.07 tonight. When my fish room is set up, the 65 will be a breeding tank. When they mate, I will be turning the return pump from the main system off, that way the fry don't go down the drain and the excess nitrates from overfeeding and stocking wont affect the main system. I will use a mj1200[S11] to pump the water out of the bottom corner of the tank for the auto water change. [S12] will be the fill pump. i think that 10g daily would be good

How would I go about programing the profilux to do the second auto waterchange?

Thanks.

Matthias
19.07.2009, 11:38
there is still no support for level sensors check with PLM-ADIN in 4.07

we will add this in 4.08 (there is already another thread regarding this topic)

B B
19.07.2009, 12:39
Can you please link thread so I can follow it?

Thanks

B B
19.07.2009, 13:15
I will use a 4x dosing pump for the breeder until more floats will be controlled.

I would still like to know if my prog for the autowaterchange is possible. And if it is can you please show me how to do it.

Matthias
20.07.2009, 16:43
Hi

1. check sensor 3 to make sure there is enough water in the bin to do the water change. if not then alarm and stop program.
-> not possible
2. turn off return pumps[S2], both skimmers[S3], and heaters[S4]
-> there is a socket-function "automatic water change", this socket is active during AWC. Use this function INVERTED for skimmers and pumps.
For heater is a little more complicated but possible. Use programmable logic:
logic 1 = heater 1 AND automatic water change INVERSE
then assign "logic 1" instead of "heater 1" to S4

"water 1" socket is for draining, "water 2" socket is for filling

B B
20.07.2009, 23:55
Thanks for the help.

I think it is very important to have a level sensor to check if there is enough water to do a water change. In a case like mine, what if the water change starts and there is not enough new water to complete the operataion. The system will remain off. That is not good.

Would it be possible if you can please add the low waterchange level sensor in v4.08.

What happens if I were to put the leakage detection in the waterchange bin as my low level sensor. When triggered, would it stop everything and alarm?

B B
21.07.2009, 01:54
and also to add....

I think it should work. I just read the leakage detection topic in the manual.

it states that:

"If sensor 1 (2 or 3) is activated Profilux assumes a leakage and causes an alarm. While there is no alarm socket with the function water 1 is switched on otherwise switched off."

So theoretically if I set the level sensor in my AWC bin as leakage detection then all I need to do is invert the on/off of the socket controlling my Fill pump.

now assuming that is possible, can I put a time delay on the trigger? that way if the sensor triggers in the middle of the operation it can still finish the waterchange.