PDA

View Full Version : New light

egweimai
26.07.2012, 19:20
Hi

I have assembled a new DIY 10xT5 light. I have used 5x OSRAM DALI ballasts. I want to ask a few questions:

1. What about the wiring of the DALI control? I have to connect all the ballasts in parallel or in series?
2. Do I have to do something to Profilux3? I have read in another post that I have to make a scan. How can I do it? I cannot find something like that in Profilux Control Software.

My profilux firmware is 5.05

Thank you in advance

Christos

Gunther
26.07.2012, 19:53
1. What about the wiring of the DALI control? I have to connect all the ballasts in parallel or in series?

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Addressable_Lighting_Interface) says :
DALI requires a single pair of wires to form the bus for communication to all devices on a single DALI network. The network can be arranged in a bus or star topology, or a combination of these.

2. Do I have to do something to Profilux3?
You need an expansion card for the Profilux for DALI, the PLM-DALI.

I have read in another post that I have to make a scan. How can I do it? I cannot find something like that in Profilux Control Software.
As I know, assiggnment has to be done in the Profilux menue itself and is not possible via ProfiluxControlSoftware (not sure, I don´t have DAli). Read the programming guide of the Profilux about DALI