PDA

View Full Version : Power suddenly went out trafolight starts flickering very fast

milestone
14.07.2009, 18:28
The power of my Profilux went out suddenly. At least most of the power. The blue front leds start flickering very fast and also the red led on the trafo plug.
So I think the trafo is the problem. After an 15 minutes the power comes back an all the lights are on again
As anyone heard about this problem?

Matthias
14.07.2009, 18:33
it seems your power supply died

For a quick help do you have another AC/DC adaptor with 12V(min. 1A) and the correct DC plug at home?

milestone
14.07.2009, 18:48
I just noticed that the power went on again after an 15 minutes. I don't have another AC/DC adaptor with 12V. My wife just told me that this was also happening yesterday. The day before yesterday I replaced 2 T5 lamps and put them in "burning inn" position Maybe the temperature was to high? And some safety circuit starts working?

Matthias
14.07.2009, 19:09
the burning in mode has no effects on the adaptor temperature (I am not assuming that the adaptor is placed on your T5-lamp...), the power consumption is not more while burning in

there are now these possibilites:
- the adaptor is defective
- the adaptor shuts down because there is somewhere else a problem, overload or short-circuit

did you change anything else yesterday?

milestone
14.07.2009, 20:01
No, U didn't change anything else. And the AC adapter is 100 cm from the aquarium behind a wall in a cubit. I will wait and see what will happen tomorrow. At this moment everything works perfect again. My first taught when I noticed this problem that is was the AC adapter, like you said. But a bit strange that after an 15 minutes it was working again, that's why I thought maybe the temperature was to high.
Can I order an separate AC/DC adaptor with 12Vb by GHL?

Matthias
15.07.2009, 07:11
yes, the adaptors are available separately, please contact GHL by email directly