PDA

View Full Version : Feed pause malfunction

Tone
26.06.2012, 23:26
I don't know what has gone wrong but the feed pause indicator will not go off ... it has been flashing non-stop for quite a few days since I last used it. What can I do ? ... I've tried resetting the P3e by rebooting but to no avail and I've had to disable the wave-pumps from the function or they remain in the off state. The FP button operates correctly but does not end its process by returning to the default setting ... "on" for the equipment that it controls.

Gunther
27.06.2012, 08:58
It would be helpful to know
- which Profilux model do you use? PLII or PL3?
- what´s the firmware you use?
- what button do you mean? The ESC on the main device or any other (maybe a switch connectet to an ADIN card)?
- have you changed anything or performed a firmware update aka is there a point you can fix the start of the malfunction?

Or shorter: We need more details.

Tone
27.06.2012, 09:12
Of course, my apologies.

Unit is the P3eX with FW-Version 5.12 date: 2012-03-17.

The button is the <esc> button on the face of the unit.

Nothing has changed that I am aware of ... it was working well and then it wasn't ... I engaged FP for some dosing and the pumps didn't come back on to normal operation when FP expired.

If I press the <esc> button the unit starts the FP countdown but the pumps are not returned to normal operation on completion. With the setting for the pumps to "uninvolved" the pumps remain working in proper order. With the setting for the pumps to "at minimum" the operation reduces to the minimum pump speed and stays there. With the setting for the pumps at "off" the pumps remain in the off state.

Hope that helps :)

Gunther
27.06.2012, 09:59
You are right, there is an issue with feedpause and pumps at firmware 5.12 - see http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?5687-Feed-Pause-not-working-with-5.12&p=35737#post35737

Your specific problem was not reported but the opposite - so i assume it´s the same reason in general.

I would recommend you to update to 5.13 or 5.14beta and try it again

@GHL: This error correction is not reported in the firmware history

Tone
28.06.2012, 07:54
Thanks Gunther ... I'll upgrade the firmware again. :)

Tone
29.06.2012, 08:06
Upgraded firmware 5.13 ... situation resolved, feed pause working correctly.:D