PDA

View Full Version : Problem with download firmware

Roby Como
12.06.2012, 22:31
Hello,

I just bought a Profilux II on acquariumline.com, I also bought an rs232 USB adapter to connect the Profilux at PC but I can't.
I downloaded the PC software and firmware but I have some problem with the extension firmware .mhx ! I can't open this file, so I think that is this the problem ! When I try to connect the Profilux to PC appears "Could no connection".
What can I do ?

Thank you, Roberto

Gunther
12.06.2012, 22:52
I downloaded the PC software and firmware but I have some problem with the extension firmware .mhx !

Before you even think about an update, you should establish and test all components to get a stable connection between the PC software ProfiluxControl and your Profilux computer.
Then you should "work" with profilux Conrtrol and the tank computer to get a feeling for it before you try an update. Nothing is more worse than to "brick"* a device with handling error during update procedure.

ProfiluxControl is "knows" what to do with the *.mhx files, so there is no problem. But be aware: An update is always a little bit risky and this risk is not covered by warranty if you do anything wrong.

*It´s not really bricked then, but it´s not that easy to bring it back to live.

Roby Como
13.06.2012, 21:01
I thank you for your reply ! I'd like to ask you what you suggest me to do ! I deleted all file that yesterday I download and now PC doesn't have any file for Profilx !

Gunther
13.06.2012, 21:37
Download the manuals from here (http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/german/section.php?sid=3) and read it
Download the PC software from here (http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/german/section.php?sid=10) and install it
Try to connet the Profilux Computer via RS232 or USB _> If this point fails, ask agein with more details
And then, as said, work with the Software and the computer to get a feeling for it and to test what you want to have and what is possible

Then, if all works well,

Download the zipped firmware file from here (http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/german/section.php?sid=5) (I reccomend to use the last stable version, not the beta one)
Unzip it
Establish a connection from Profilux Control to the PLII
Save all general settings and all sensor settings (you find that in file menue)
Rerform the firmware update (you find that in file menue) and do as guided in the software (you will be asked for the firmware file)

If that firmware update fails at any reason and the ProfiluxII is "dead", read the emergency manual (http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/german/download.php?did=188)

Roby Como
13.06.2012, 21:47
What the PC software do I download ? The latest version ?? I see that on GHL site there are five version !
I download the 5.12b version but when I try to connect the Profilux to the PC appears "comunication errors: error code 28". Could not connect, do you want to check the settings now?"
I don't know what I must do :-(

Gunther
13.06.2012, 22:07
The version is o.k. if it´s a new PLII you bought.

Now tell us what cou have done to connect the Profilux (which cable, RS232 or USB, which settings)?

Roby Como
13.06.2012, 22:45
I just buy a new PLII so I think this is the latest version.. How I understand what is the correct version and what is the right version PC ?
I try to connect the profilux with an RS232 USB adapter because my pc doesn't have an RS232 port.

Gunther
13.06.2012, 23:29
I just buy a new PLII so I think this is the latest version.
At startup the firmware version is shown. I´m sure it´s one from last 5.x series, but surely not the newest one which is from last week (beta from today)

How I understand what is the correct version and what is the right version PC ?
Use the last stable one. It´s not neccessary to have the exact matching version. All other 5.x will work also.

I try to connect the profilux with an RS232 USB adapter because my pc doesn't have an RS232 port.
So I suggest the problem is located there. Check if you have the right COM port and ensure the driver is actual and working

Roby Como
14.06.2012, 21:33
Finally I can to connect the PLII with PC (I downloaded 5.1.2.5) ! The firmware must be download or I can don't download it ??

Matthias
15.06.2012, 07:34
the firmware update is not a "must" - if you don't need the new functions I recommend you first use the ProfiLux as it is