PDA

View Full Version : profilux 3 help please..

redseamax
12.06.2012, 01:07
dear friends;
I have several questions.If you help me I would be grateful.
I have bought Profilux 3 starter pack a short time ago.also profilux touch.inside the package there is only one PAB cable and I use it to plug Powerbar-6D-PAB.. there is two PAB sockets on profilux 3 and I used one of them..now I think I need one more PAB cable to plug profilux touch display..so I ll use two PAB sockets on profilux..all of the L and S sockets are empty.. now I have tunze wavebox and vortech MP40 on my tank..also want to buy GHL PropellerBreeze5 PL-0718 and I think need to buy GHL PropellerControl-2.1 PL-0265.. so I want to ask what I need to plug and control all of them on profilux 3 1-10 volt sockets..I have already bought ;

GHL PAB-Cable-2m PL-0683 for profilux touch
GHL ProfiLuxTunze1 connection cable - Tunze L1 (L3) for wavebox
GHL VorTech Controller PL-0757 for MP40

did I do it right?
and what do I have to buy for propeller control 2.1 ? is it work on S or L ports? if it is which cable do I need?

also I have profilux controller ver 5.1.2.5 .it says "firmware 5.00 to 5.12" when I click to update to firmware to file that I download "ProfiLux3_V512_GER_ENG.mhx" it says on the last of the install "communications error!error code:41"and then "download cant be started-possibly a download is not allowed via the current interface!" and communication down.I ve connect to profilux via Lan cable..what am I doing wrong?

regards..

Gunther
12.06.2012, 01:47
now I think I need one more PAB cable to plug profilux touch display
You are right.

..so I ll use two PAB sockets on profilux..
You also can use the free socket in the Powerbar - see PAB manual. The magic word is "daisy chain"

I have already bought ;

GHL PAB-Cable-2m PL-0683 for profilux touch
GHL ProfiLuxTunze1 connection cable - Tunze L1 (L3) for wavebox
GHL VorTech Controller PL-0757 for MP40

did I do it right?

No. You need additional

GHL PAB-Cable-2m (or another length) PL-0683 for the vortech controller

And what do I have to buy for propeller control 2.1 ? is it work on S or L ports? if it is which cable do I need?
On an L-port. A YL2-1 / PL-0096 may be helpful to connect the propeller breeze and the Wavebox to one L-Port (two outputs)

what am I doing wrong?

PL3 Update via LAN is not possible cause of technical reasons (as the message says). Perform the update via USB or serial connection

Remark: It´s hightly reccomended to have a ProfiLuxSer PL-0083 and a computer with a serial port in reach
If anything went wrong during update procedure (power drop or similar) you need that for an emergency update.

onno10
12.06.2012, 18:04
PAB cable is the same as an lan/network cable (UPT)

redseamax
13.06.2012, 09:32
PAB cable is the same as an lan/network cable (UPT)

is it? can I do it myself?

redseamax
13.06.2012, 09:43
You are right.

You also can use the free socket in the Powerbar - see PAB manual. The magic word is "daisy chain"

No. You need additional

GHL PAB-Cable-2m (or another length) PL-0683 for the vortech controller

On an L-port. A YL2-1 / PL-0096 may be helpful to connect the propeller breeze and the Wavebox to one L-Port (two outputs)

PL3 Update via LAN is not possible cause of technical reasons (as the message says). Perform the update via USB or serial connection

Remark: It´s hightly reccomended to have a ProfiLuxSer PL-0083 and a computer with a serial port in reach
If anything went wrong during update procedure (power drop or similar) you need that for an emergency update.

so I need 1 more PAB cable for the Vortech and YL2-1 / PL-0096 cable for the propeller breeze. am I right?

and I can plug the vortech controllers PAB cable to the PAB bar,correct?

Gunther
13.06.2012, 10:18
am I right?
correct?

Yes for both.

redseamax
13.06.2012, 10:40
Yes for both.

thanks for your help..