PDA

View Full Version : upgrading Sunpower light

Brians947
10.05.2012, 15:07
Hi. One of my sunpower ballasts went on me so i have decided to replace them with Dimmable ballasts. I also plan on purchasing GHL EVG AP-2F and a profilux computer. My question is the wiring of the ballasts. Will i need to replace the existing power cable running to the ballasts with a new one with enough inner cable for dali connections. I think i found a page on here regarding the wiring of the dali card. Light unit i have is 39watt x 6 bulbs

Gunther
10.05.2012, 15:49
I also plan on purchasing GHL EVG AP-2F and a profilux computer.

My question is the wiring of the ballasts. Will i need to replace the existing power cable running to the ballasts with a new one with enough inner cable for dali connections. I think i found a page on here regarding the wiring of the dali card. Light unit i have is 39watt x 6 bulbs

At first: The EVG AP-2F is suitable for 1-10V dimming but not for DALI (no need for it with DALI)
If you use 1 or more DALI ballasts for your six bulbs you need

1 power cord. 3 wires, L1-N-PE
1 DALI cord, 2 wires,

It´s not reccomended to use one cable due the power cord may affect the DALI signals

Remark: You should check if you really want to use DALI. In general it´s easier to wire, but the 1-10V dimming is more integrated into the Profilux at the moment.

Brians947
10.05.2012, 16:02
Sorry i apologize. I bought ATI powermodule ballasts which would be 1-10v.