PDA

View Full Version : GHL Radion support

king
06.04.2012, 20:17
is that ( = the new GHL LED lamp which has been announced recently) the end for the anticipated Rdion/ghl software,

am sure vortech are not very pleased with GHL new lighting, just wondering if they will still release the software to you guys. thanks

aqua_digital
06.04.2012, 20:21
The developer pack from Ecotech I am told releases shortly. The connection would be made through the GHL-Vortech existing module.

Matthias
07.04.2012, 10:47
Why shouldn't they give us the technical specifications?

ProfiLux is able to control lamps from Aqua Illumination, Pacific Sun, Econlamps and others already. Now just another lamp will be added.

I think they know that many people have a ProfiLux and that they want to connect the Radion to it, it would be a reason against the Radion if they decided that we can't get the technical details.

TheAspec
18.04.2012, 02:42
Did EcoTech actually released the specs to GHL for development of this interface? I know GHL has there own solution coming soon but it would still be a GREAT addition to have available.

aqua_digital
18.04.2012, 02:59
They are to be released, as to a date I do not have one but I understand it to be in the pipe line soon.

-Aaron-
16.03.2013, 18:02
Anyone know of any further developments on this?

I'd really like to be able to use thunderstorms on my Radion Pro through the Profilux and change the pump mode at the same time for turbulent water.

Matthias
17.03.2013, 10:40
to be honest - I don't believe that this will ever happen, we got no technical data until today

-Aaron-
17.03.2013, 10:42
I thought that might be the case. Thanks for answering. Such a shame really.

BigAl07
18.03.2013, 13:45
I thought that might be the case. Thanks for answering. Such a shame really.

Aaron you may try contacting EcoTech and reminding them that they have clients who are still waiting for them to release the Tech Data to GHL for their light to be integrated into the controller. It's worth at least reminding them.

-Aaron-
18.03.2013, 13:50
Already done it. :)

Posted on their forum yesterday, I'll go check if there's a response.

EDIT: Nothing as yet, thread is here. (http://community.ecotechmarine.com/ecotechmarine/topics/ghl_support_for_radion)

aqua_digital
18.03.2013, 14:01
Ecotech have not yet finished their own release so nothing will come until that is complete. Once they have got things up and running I am sure this will follow. Remember, Apex users will want this also and Apex do not make LED units, so the demand is there.

-Aaron-
18.03.2013, 14:54
I hope so, will really bring my system together nicely if I can get the lights and pumps working together.

king
19.03.2013, 22:29
i always had my doubts about Ecotech releasing the technical information to GHL especially after the release of Mitras, this when i opened this thread. if that is the reason then Ecotech are wrong in their business thinking/strategy! as many people including myself will now consider changing their radions (i have 5 in total ) to Mitras as we all love to control all our equipment using one platform- good idea if GHL reduce their RRP am sure many will place orders for multiple unites :cool: ( i already placed an order for one Mitras in white for my office) but was told there are some delays in producing these unit in white!!!!!!!:confused:

aqua_digital
19.03.2013, 22:39
The Mitras is already as low as it will go if not too low, and we are already struggling keeping the price where it is, so I would not hold out hope of a price reduction, any lower and they would not make it to market, there is little margin for survival in this product.

The Grizz
25.12.2013, 04:05
So is there any hope that there will be a way to control the radions? I am seriously thinking of changing from my huge diy led to a fixture but the cost of mitras is a sore spot with the wife.

aqua_digital
05.01.2014, 14:51
GHL do not hold the answer to this as GHL already have the module that would work with the Radion, it is Ecotech that have not released the protocol for the GHL module to work with the Radion, not the other way round.

Ecotech have been working on their own Hub so my guess this is why we are not seeing a release.

Only Ecotech can provide any update to this amalgamation with GHL.

ExpertMarine
02.11.2014, 01:59
I also have a Radion that I would like to control with my PL3. Any updates?

comex2020
09.11.2014, 23:12
I have just purchased some Gen2 Radions second hand and was wondering if the Gen 2's can be programmed with Profilux 3

GHL Support
10.11.2014, 10:02
The Radion still can't be controlled by ProfiLux.