PDA

View Full Version : How to set up two probes

Chippy70
28.02.2009, 21:39
Hi GHL,

I would like to have two PH probes, one for my sump and one for my CR.

Can this be done?
What do I need othere than two probes?

Roger

GHL Support
28.02.2009, 22:23
You need a PLM-pH. It is an extentioncard that must placed in the profilux. Read the manual of the PLM-pH carefully before you open the Profilux. The menu will show a secondary ph-probe after you plug in the power again and you will be able to handle it like the first one.

Chippy70
28.02.2009, 22:27
So if i understand you correctly (I have a Pro II upgraded to a EX) I will need to get another PH Card and Install it into the computer like the EX upgrade.

This will give me Two PH Probe port's in the back. There is not a spliter involved. Stupid question I know but not that smart when it come to puters

Roger

wesheltonj
28.02.2009, 23:15
No splitter, you want to do the same thing that I want. However, I am waiting on the PIII to be released, I do not want to buy something that I may not need when the III comes out.

Chippy70
28.02.2009, 23:38
Thanks wesheltonj :D

GHL Support
01.03.2009, 11:31
The PPIII will not come with 2 PH inputs but will also can handle the PLM-PH. You both can get a PL-PH right now and use it later in the PPIII. Nothing that bought now will not working with a PPIII. We always try to keep it as user frendly (combatible) as we can in the past and in the future.

Matthias
01.03.2009, 16:26
All cards of the ProfiLux II series can be used in the new ProfiLux III controllers

It is very important for us to achieve a maximum compatibility for the II and III controllers - our customers should not be forced to waste money!

Chippy70
10.03.2009, 05:29
All cards of the ProfiLux II series can be used in the new ProfiLux III controllers

It is very important for us to achieve a maximum compatibility for the II and III controllers - our customers should not be forced to waste money!

So to clarify,

When the PIII is launched, my old PII card is removed and the PIII is put into its place. Then any extra extention cards are pluged in, then (for eg. 2 x PH Probe) the two probes will work.

When the PIII comes I will still have to get the extra extention card to have two probes.

Roger

Roger

Matthias
10.03.2009, 08:57
yes, and to make it even clearer: the rear board of ProfiLux II (with 3 slots) remains.
Only the front board has to be replaced when upgrading to P III.

Chippy70
14.03.2009, 05:40
Ok

So I have looking into the extra PH card, I see that you can get cards that looks like there are two sections to it eg. PLM-CondS-pH

would this work as well, the one card has the two options on it??

Roger

Matthias
14.03.2009, 09:58
exactly, combo cards provide 2 new sections for probes