PDA

View Full Version : Light spectrum of our new LED-lamp

Matthias
04.04.2012, 13:14
Hi,

we are getting many questions regarding the used LEDs and what spectrum our lamp is producing.

I will (not yet) tell which LEDs we are going to use, but I can already tell you that we will use only first-class LEDs - max. efficacy, max. brightness and a constant spectrum over the temperature and the lifetime are extremely important. We will only use selected LEDs of the newest generation of well-known manufacturers.

With 8 independently adjustable LED colors the spectrum can be set (nearly) in any way you want, here are some examples:

all 8 channels at 100%, spectrum from 380 nm to 720 nm

Peaks at several colors

all channels without UV at 100%

blue

UV + blue + white

BigAl07
04.04.2012, 14:55
Outstanding work! This really shows the GOODS of the light and how the light will perform in regards to each spectrum we are needing for our coral to photosynthesize.

Thanks for the information Matthias.

aqua_digital
04.04.2012, 15:08
PAR tables next please :)

dipan
28.04.2012, 01:34
What is the type of white LED used? I understand that you do not want to reveal the manufacturer at this time, but is it cool white, neutral white, or warm white? Those are the conventional terms for white color spectrum in LED. I am not familiar with ultra white?

BigAl07
30.04.2012, 19:25
We're getting CLOSE! It wont be long now until this unit is unveiled and we get all the specs, details, and pictures of this unit!

I've got REALLY high hopes for this LED unit :)

doggydoc10
30.04.2012, 21:52
Waiting!!!!

GazzMan
13.05.2012, 20:39
Saw this put out today guys

http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/showthread.php?t=557712

Can someone also please explain what the hyper violet bulb surcharge is about, do I need it, how would I benifit by having it, why is there an additional cost for this lamp?.

Also can anyone tell me what the light spread of the units are as my tank is 5 x 2 x 2 so what would be the best way to light it with no dark areas, do we know yet how close they can be to the water surface and what mounting kits are going to be available for the units.

Sorry if its a load of questions but as I'm probably going to spend 2k on these lights, I want to know all I can about them up front

Gazz

Matthias
14.05.2012, 06:47
we leave the choice - hyperviolett LEDs or not - to the customer, because not everyone needs or wants it

all details will come this week during Interzoo

our website will be updated next week with specs and pics etc.

BigAl07
14.05.2012, 14:15
Gazz I can't comment on the "HyperViolet" but I do know from first hand experience that "Violet" LED make some coral really pop that otherwise may not. It's very much like the "Purple" tint some T5 manufacturers (Higher End manufacturers) have incorporated into their bulbs over the last couple of years. From my LED experience the "Violets" make certain oranges and certain reds really POP with color. I would "guess" that this is what the HyperViolet might do as well.

In my tank here in my office (custom DIY LED) I have 4 Violet LED for this reason alone. Just the 4 Violet LED cost me almost $100 USD when everything was said and installed.

This is completely assumption going from my own personal experience with my LED.

GazzMan
14.05.2012, 14:36
That's what I'm looking for Al, thank you, obviously I want as much info on these as I can get before committing.

Anything by profilux IMO has to be a good buy and as the support is second to none I feel theses lights are going to rock the marine world

Gazz

BigAl07
14.05.2012, 14:40
That's what I'm looking for Al, thank you, obviously I want as much info on these as I can get before committing.

Anything by profilux IMO has to be a good buy and as the support is second to none I feel theses lights are going to rock the marine world

Gazz

I think you're exactly right. I think they are about to re-set the BAR in standards out of the arena here!

I wish I had a tank that wasn't already LED I'd try one out ASAP!

The good news is I know several people who are scrambling to "Pre-Order" already and Pre-Orders aren't being taken yet... causing quite a stir on this side of the pond :)

I really think you'll LOVE this light over your tank. :)

doggydoc10
14.05.2012, 14:56
Tell me about it Al.

GazzMan
14.05.2012, 15:03
Im not going to preorder untill I have at least seen them in the flesh, but I bet I have the money in my pocket when I go t o look lol

Gazz

doggydoc10
14.05.2012, 15:08
Pre order for me!!!!!!!

BigAl07
14.05.2012, 15:10
Pre order for me!!!!!!!

Exactly!!

Gazz you're going to LOVE them I'm confident! I'm like Doc... I'm SOLD on them already sight unseen!!

BigAl07
21.05.2012, 20:01
Matthias can you tell us if the Mitras will have built-in ability for "Lightning"? In the initial announcement I didn't see any mention of specifically "lightning".

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?5444-GHL-anounces-a-brand-new-LED-lamp!&p=33722#post33722

GazzMan
21.05.2012, 22:42
:eek:

Matthias
22.05.2012, 08:28
of course will there be a lightning program in the lamps

BTW - we had the chance to look at "thunderstorms" of the competitors lamps (it seems everyone is now trying to copy this function)
my opinion, confirmed by many people coming to our booth: we have still the most realistic and spectacular thunderstorm simulation on the market

BigAl07
22.05.2012, 12:50
That's good news. I assumed there would be but assuming can be dangerous.

Yes I've heard the same thing "re Thunderstorm - realism". That's a huge plus because fact of the matter is that "Lightning" is actually was got me interested in ProfiLux in the first place.

I look forward to learning more this week as you release more details :)

Allen