PDA

View Full Version : Best upgrade option?

Aufgedyng
01.04.2012, 21:39
Hi,

I've been thinking of upgrading my P3 with an expansion box or buying another one, I'm not sure yet. My situation is that I have a P3 for my main tank that works really well. I also have another smaller tank far away from my P3 without any intelligent controller so I have 2 options....

1. Buy another one
2. Buy an expansion module and connect to my P3.

I really would appreciate some help with the pros and cons.....questions like maximum range for the PAB, can it handle 2 tanks in a good manner...is there such a thing as a wireless communication between P3 and the Exp. box?

--Mats

Matthias
02.04.2012, 07:21
PAB works over 100 m

there is no wireless connection

2 controllers are more expensive but you have more options and flexibility

BigAl07
02.04.2012, 13:36
For the most flexibility I'd shoot for a 2nd controller. You can check with your local GHL dealer and see if he has a DEMO unit he's willing to part with or inquire about any "Specials". I have seen some pretty good deals on "Beginner Packs" over the last few months with different dealers.

If you got a 2nd ProfiLux you could hook it up wirelessly and not have to run cable from one location to another.

If you decide the Expansion Box route you can go a LONG way with the cable.. probably MUCH longer than you'd ever need.