PDA

View Full Version : How to configure STDL-4 and Digital Power Bars with 4 unit dosing pump on a P3?

Rotknee
26.03.2012, 03:10
I recently purchased a STDL-4 4 socket power bar and I am in the process of installing it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/shonuff66/stdl4-4eur-large.png

I have a P3 and a Power bar 6D (not a PAB unit) plugged into S1S4 and a 4 unit doser daisy chained to it. Per the image below you can see that Sockets S1 through S10 are occupied.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/shonuff66/socketfunctions-2.png

Shouldn't I be able to plug the STDL-4 power bar into the S5S8 socket and start using it beginning with Socket 11 after a reboot?

If not, option two would be to use the S1S4 port with the STDL-4 power bar and configure the digital power bar and dosing unit to use S5S8 and sockets 5 through 15. Would that work? Obviously I would prefer to use the first option as it is a lot easier to configure.

Wirus
26.03.2012, 06:09
It´s all shown in the screen shoot: At the moment 1-24 is assigned to the possible digital sockets, so the STDL-4 will be 25-28.
If you change it , STDL-4 will be 1-4, the 6D will be 25-30 and the dosing unit 31-34

And no, there is no way to have continuous numbering.

Rotknee
26.03.2012, 07:00
Maybe I'm doing something wrong? If my ATO (S5) or Heater (S6) is activated the corresponding sockets are activated on my STDL-4 power bar. In other words, when my water level is low or my temperature decreases the assigned sockets will be activated on my 6D and my STDL-4.

I guess I was confused and set up my STDL-4 based upon the information posted in this thread (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2108677). Please see post #2 and the reply post #3.

Wirus, thank you for jumping in to help.

Matthias
26.03.2012, 07:57
the assignment for non-digital powerbars is fixed - this means that the powerbar, which is connected to S5S8, reacts to socket channels 5 to 8

to avoid overlapping socket numbers: assign start number 9 to the digital powerbar

sockets 1 - 4 stay unused then

larryfl1
28.05.2012, 17:34
what happens when we reassign the starting number...does all the programing clear out or does it migrate to the new socket? i have a power bar digital and 4 pump dosing all programed...that i don't want things to go crazy when re assigning it..

Rotknee
28.05.2012, 18:03
The function stays with the socket. For example, if S1's function is "Always on" it will simply be on with whatever power bar is assigned to socket function S1.

I found reprogramming was pretty straight forward. I just took screen shots of the old set up and reassigned to the new.

Hope that helps...

Rotknee
29.12.2012, 11:15
I have successfully installed the Analog 4 Channel outlet to my system. I have the 4 channel outlet plugged into S1-S4 socket on the P3 and I am using Sockets 1-4 for the analog device. In addition I have the 6 channel Digital (non PAB) bar along with a 4 channel slave dosing pump.

Here is where I need help. I want to add a 6 channel digital PAB powerbar to the system. Can I configure it as follows?

S1-S4 4 Outlet Analog Bar
S25-S30 6 Outlet Digital Bar (Non-PAB)
S31-S36 6 Outlet Digital Bar PAB
S37-S40 4 Pump Slave Doser

How would I set this up such that all devices work in harmony? If it makes a difference I have two other PAB devices (Vortech Controller and the Profilux Touch) in the system.

If there is a better way to configure this please advise.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Instead of the above configuration I set things up as follows:

S1-S4 OPEN/NOTHING (Can't have an analog device setup on or plugged into a digital channel)
S5-S8 4 Outlet Analog Powerbar (Plugged into S5-S8 port on P3, defaults to S5, S6, S7 and S8)
S9-S14 6 Outlet Digital Powerbar (Non-PAB)
S15-S18 4 Pump Slave Doser*
S19-S24 6 Outlet Digital PAB Power Bar

Everything is working as expected and I reached my goal of adding a second 6 outlet digital powerbar to the system. Thanks to Reefbytes.com for insisting on the PAB vs. the standard digital powerbar. It would have been much more difficult to program a power bar into the system given the 24 channel limitations when using analog and digital (non-PAB) devices together.

*I was originally attempting to program my doser to S21-S24 but the system would not allow me to do so. Why is that?

GHL Support
02.01.2013, 13:34
*I was originally attempting to program my doser to S21-S24 but the system would not allow me to do so. Why is that?[/QUOTE]

Where is the Dosing Unit plugged in?

Rotknee
02.01.2013, 17:37
Hello Carolin...

The dosing unit is plugged into the 6 outlet (non-PAB) powerbar. The powerbar is plugged into S1-S4 socket.