PDA

View Full Version : Akvastabil 2x 39W T5 dimmable light bars

jurjen74
14.03.2012, 13:44
Hello,

I'd like to be able to dim the lights in my aquarium, measure the temperature and to install and moonlight. That is why I'm planning to purchase a Profilux computer.

I have a new 2m Akvastabil Mark2 aquarium with two Akvastabil 2x 39W T5 dimmable light bars. Which I hope to extend with two 2x 39W T5 in the foreseeable future.
I am planning to buy a GHL aquarium computer, but am still searching a solution that suits me best. I have no computer near my tank, but I have a LAN wall port nearby (and WLAN).

I was first thinking of the Profilux Light II, because of the low cost, but programming requires a cable connection with a computer.
Therefore, I'm now considering a Profilux II with LAN extension or a Profilux 3.
However, it is not clear to me what I need for connecting my light bars to the computer.

I still have some doubts:

Do I understand correctly when I say that an EVG-AP2 is enough to connect two light bars? And that I do not need a powerbar?
Is there anyone with experience with connecting Akvastabil wiring? (I'm not very technical)
What are the benefits for me w/r to a Profilux 3? Or will a II for me enough?

I hope you can answer my questions, it's still very unclear / technical for me.

Sincerely,

Jurjen

Matthias
17.03.2012, 10:21
Do I understand correctly when I say that an EVG-AP2 is enough to connect two light bars? And that I do not need a powerbar?
yes

Is there anyone with experience with connecting Akvastabil wiring? (I'm not very technical)
this is not complicated, maybe you read the EVG-AP manual, download it from our download section

What are the benefits for me w/r to a Profilux 3? Or will a II for me enough?
if you already plan to connect the ProfiLux to LAN than P3 is the right decision
of course there are more differences, see the controller overview table on our site

the PLM-LAN gives you access over Ethernet only for the PC-software ProfiLuxControl

the P3 LAN-interface has additionally webserver and email, NTP etc.

greg.rosenberg
19.03.2012, 05:27
Strangly enough I am about to do exactly the same - I have 2 x 80W T5's on a 530 with the dimmable balast from Akva Stabil (1 - 10V I believe) and have also just purchased a ProfLux 3 (still on it's way to me).

In order to do sunrise/sunset do I need to purchase any other equipment?

Thanks
Greg