PDA

View Full Version : No light in display profilux 2 plus

milestone
29.02.2012, 11:39
During a couple of days There is no light in the display of mine profilux 2 plus.
Can I fix this by myself? Repair via the dealer Will take at least 10-14 days.

GHL Support
29.02.2012, 13:34
Hello,

but the ProfiLux runs as usual, only the display is dark?
Have you already unplugged and plugged in again the power cable?

BigAl07
29.02.2012, 14:32
This is a wild shoot but make sure you've not altered the "Dimming" settings for the display in PLC.

milestone
29.02.2012, 15:16
The Profilux works fine, Only the display stays dark and I did'nt turned on dimming.

Matthias
29.02.2012, 17:58
ProfiLux II display can't be dimmed

the display is soldered and can't be replaced from the customer

if you don't want to ship the ProfiLux you can order the complete front board as a spare part

ask your retailer for price and details

milestone
29.02.2012, 19:07
Thank You very much Mathias for your quick answer.
Because the display is still working (When I use my Maglite I still can read the display) I tought maybe it.s an better idea to buy an Profilux vieuw II? instead of an complete front board as a spare part. What''s the price of an complete front board?

Matthias
01.03.2012, 07:51
please ask your retailer for pricing

milestone
01.03.2012, 19:30
I asked the GHL store the price of an complete spare-part front board is € 85.50 and the price of Profilux vieuw II is € 107,50. I think I buy the second option. It's really very disappointing that it won't be posible ever that the profilux II will communicate with the IPAD (my retailer told me that the WLAN extension card causes a lot of trouble and production has been stopped)
On this moment it's still impossible even for the profilux III to communicate with the IPAD but maybe in near future it will.

BigAl07
01.03.2012, 20:20
I asked the GHL store the price of an complete spare-part front board is € 85.50 and the price of Profilux vieuw II is € 107,50. I think I buy the second option. It's really very disappointing that it won't be posible ever that the profilux II will communicate with the IPAD (my retailer told me that the WLAN extension card causes a lot of trouble and production has been stopped)
On this moment it's still impossible even for the profilux III to communicate with the IPAD but maybe in near future it will.

At this moment yes it's not working but Silestone (similar name yes?) is working on that aspect. I would suspect it wont be long until there is a functional iOS app available. For what it's worth moving up to the P3eX would be a HUGE advantage and pay off for you now and in the long run. You could just apply that $107.50 towards a new P3eX.

Don't give up on an iOS app. It wont be long.

milestone
03.03.2012, 19:15
This will mean a spending of of at least €529,90 for the profilux 3 and another €129 for an PLM-(W)LAN. GHL stopped the production of an upgrade kit. I.m sorry but i Will not pay ever such à lot of money. GHL priced her self far beyond the market.

Blahenazo
05.03.2012, 20:06
yeah I kinda understand the removal of the upgrade kit is a pain for ppl who want to upgrade to a P3.

and yes buying a P3 while you have a P2 is expensive.