PDA

View Full Version : Profilux II Plus -Simu-Led Setup

ebaygul
03.02.2012, 17:11
Dear All,
GHL Profilux II Plus computer I have. Simu-Led lamp I connected. I want to do the below settings. I couldn't do it. How can I do, please send me a screen shot.

a- 08:00-17:00 Blue-White (Dimmable )
b- 17:00-19:00 Sunrise (Dimmable )
c- 19:00-08:00 Deep Moonlight (Dimmable )

ebaygul
10.02.2012, 10:52
has anybody idea...!!!! :(

GHL Support
10.02.2012, 11:16
Hello,
the Simu has two channels:
-Blue(+white) (reacts to channel 1, 3, 5)
-Red (reacts to channel 2, 4, 6)
Please note that you can only set once if the blue light shall be lighter or darker blue.
The program can't switch automatically between different blue colours.

You you have to set once which colour you prefer and program one illumination run for
the blue light and one run for the red light.

BigAl07
10.02.2012, 14:37
Dear All,
GHL Profilux II Plus computer I have. Simu-Led lamp I connected. I want to do the below settings. I couldn't do it. How can I do, please send me a screen shot.

a- 08:00-17:00 Blue-White (Dimmable )
b- 17:00-19:00 Sunrise (Dimmable )
c- 19:00-08:00 Deep Moonlight (Dimmable )

Ok on my system I have Illumination 1 on Channel 1 (Blue/White LED)
Under Illumination 1 I have them set for:

1am ZERO% (dark)
5:59amam ZERO% (dark throughout night) <~~ Added this from original post because it would make it seem I want 1% during the night time
6am 1% (starting point for them to slowly ramp up)
9am 100% (Blue/white fully ON)
8pm 100% (this is the base point to start my ramp down)
9:30pm 10% (this gives me a good "night time viewing light" until I go to bed)
1am it goes to ZERO for the night

Illumination 2 is on Channel 2 (Red LED)
Under Illumination 1 I have them set for:

7:29am ZERO%
7:30am 1%(base line to start ramping up for sunrise)
9am 100%
11am 100%
11:30am ZERO%
7:59pm ZERO %
8pm 100% (this is where I start to ramp them down for sunset)
8:30pm 10% (leave them barely on for night time viewing because the reds really make some colors POP at night)
11:59pm 10%
12am ZERO %

For MOONLIGHT I just let the "ProfiLux" take care of that by having the "Moonlight" block ticked. This allows the system to match the current phase and location (for instance if moon is HIGH in the sky at NOON that's when the MOONLIGHTS will be the brightest) to where you are located per your GPS location on the MAIN page of your PLC software.

I've got my Dimmable LED main lights coming on in there too but for the topic at hand that doesn't have any bearing.

In my example you'll see in some instances I have the same value (%) back to back.. the reason for this is this gives me a flat line (consistent light intensity) from time A to time B. Otherwise the system will gradually ramp UP or ramp DOWN depending in intensity settings.

This may or may not be exactly what I have right now but it's close and gives you a good example of how I configure my Simu LED stick. I'm doing this from memory so keep that in mind when setting yours up. And of course it's a trial and error to find what works best for you and your tank.

Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

Allen

Blahenazo
10.02.2012, 21:28
I also use a similar schema.

I also use 10% but keep moon light ticked + CLOUDS and I keep this throughout the night. (blue only ) but with Allens post , I added a 5 % red trhoughout the night + clouds to see if its something I like or not.

But with the clouds (70 darkening , 20 % prob, clouds lenght is set to your liking )
as it also goes up and down (clouds) which makes my fish go to 'sleep' even on high moon days.

my tank can be totally dark or somewhat lighted throughout the night (I see this If I need to get up to pee :)).
offcourse if the moon is low + clouds it can be absolutely dark.

but still I like the clouds while moonlight. It gives to me a very relax aquarium (not a steady blue color )

I wouldn't recommend running 10% thoughout the night

running 10% without moon will make them alot more 'awake' (read they will swim above the rock work / coral, instead of hiding between them) during the night

BigAl07
10.02.2012, 21:46
I wouldn't recommend running 10% thoughout the night

running 10% without moon will make them alot more 'awake' (read they will swim above the rock work / coral, instead of hiding between them) during the night

I apologize if it looks like I'm running 10% through out the night. I'm only doing 10% until about the time I go to bed then all lights (unless Moon is out) go to ZERO. By 1am ALL lights are set to ZERO not withstanding if the moon is out.

I do like the CLOUDS feature as it adds a very realistic touch to the whole scheme. It took some getting used to it because at first I thought my LED were flickering or something. Then I realized it was "just a cloud passing over my ocean" LOL!

Blahenazo
10.02.2012, 22:32
I apologize if it looks like I'm running 10% through out the night. I'm only doing 10% until about the time I go to bed then all lights (unless Moon is out) go to ZERO. By 1am ALL lights are set to ZERO not withstanding if the moon is out.

I do like the CLOUDS feature as it adds a very realistic touch to the whole scheme. It took some getting used to it because at first I thought my LED were flickering or something. Then I realized it was "just a cloud passing over my ocean" LOL!

nope , I didn't think you run 10 % throughout the night ( I am but it most of the time fairly dim with clouds moon etc...) , as your schema leaves no confusion. It was a more general advice.

I saw guys on forums running none dimmable blue T5 as 'moonlight' and then they where surprised the fish never appeared to be sleeping.